Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name and Shame - Companies not paying for the Royal Wedding Bank Holiday

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Following on from another thread, you should name and shame companies that are not giving staff the Royal Wedding off as PAID leave without using any leave allowance below ( if you're uncomfortable about posting under your username then PM me the company name and I'll post it without identifying you ).

EDIT - name and shame if the company won't pay you for the BH or won't let you work it.

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Unless it's part of your employment contract, there's no obligation for an employer to give you any bank holidays off or pay you for taking them off.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Unless it's part of your employment contract, there's no obligation for an employer to give you any bank holidays off or pay you for taking them off.

Agreed but it's a good indication of how good ( or bad ) an employer is if they expect their employees to take an unpaid day off.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I own a small business and earn less than any of the other 11 employees.......And I should pay everyone a days wages for no return...clearly some people have no understanding of how business works....still I could give em all the day off and then go bust and they will all be out of a job!!!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What about if the company is suffering from the downturn and can't afford to pay staff for having an extra day off. Do they deserve to be 'named and shamed'?

But if that were the case you wouldn't feel it necessary to name and shame surely ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I own a small business and earn less than any of the other 11 employees.......And I should pay everyone a days wages for no return...clearly some people have no understanding of how business works....still I could give em all the day off and then go bust and they will all be out of a job!!!

Will you let them come in and work if they want though ? Or will they be FORCED to lose a days pay ?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I just don't get this.

Why should employers have to pay for a day off for their staff, potentially costing millions, just because some free loading inbreds want to get married? Why couldn't they do it on a Saturday?

How much is the security ( for example ) going to cost us all as it is?

They'll be a load of free loaders tucking into foie gras and caviar at our expense. ( Their version of 1901 ).

The French got it right

Off with their heads. Wankers.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why should employers have to pay for a day off for their staff, potentially costing millions, just because some free loading inbreds want to get married?

They don't which makes the announcement by "Dave" all the more ill-thought out and silly. Unless it goes along with increasing the minimum holiday entitlement to 29 days for this year only, it's effectively meaningless.

Why couldn't they do it on a Saturday?

Exactly.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They'll be a load of free loaders tucking into foie gras and caviar at our expense. ( Their version of 1901) .

Nice, well done, liken the royal wedding, after referring to them as freeloaders, to the Albion fans who have paid royally to support the club. Sorry, but why would you say that?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Nice, well done, liken the royal wedding, after referring to them as freeloaders, to the Albion fans who have paid royally to support the club. Sorry, but why would you say that?

Out of context, Phil.

Gentle pop at the food, that's all. Certainly not as you read it.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Come on we all know we need the 1901's, they pay more money etc.. but doesn't mean we
can't have a bit of sport

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fine dining and fans grizzling about not being able to wear football shirts. Sounds like a match made in heaven for the 1901ers.

Even if I had the spare cash, I'd be damned if I was going to go via the 1901/fine dining option.

Fine dining can be done, but on a Saturday at the football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here