Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name and rate your ISP.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
ntl 10/10 no problems at all.

I have dealings with all kinds of ISPS at work, from a business point of view though so we rarely get problems

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Orange broadband. Seems ok, never lost connection, but it's not very fast. I have a feeling we are being capped.

Used to be on Pipex in my old home and they were superb. Fast as you like, never dropped the connection and you never needed to worry about it.

In my previous house we were on ntl broadband, and I would NEVER recommend them to anybody

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Virgin - £17.99

My gateway connects to 5 PCs in the house - each has its own e-mail (cool for the kids) - don't know what my speed is - did get an e-mail a few months back threatening 8Mb but don't seem that quick.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bluejuice said:
Orange broadband. Seems ok, never lost connection, but it's not very fast. I have a feeling we are being capped.

Theres plenty of websites where you can check it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bt - cant complain

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Pipex 8mb broadband - £6.50 per month

very good except there doesn't seem to be any email facility. Can't use outlook express, have to go through their website, there's options to change email password etc. but doesn't appear to be any way of sending or receiving. I opened up a hotmail account in the end.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Bluejuice said:
Used to be on Pipex in my old home and they were superb. Fast as you like, never dropped the connection and you never needed to worry about it.

I was with Pipex for years, but they've gone shite.

a) They throttle the speed of peer-to-peer

b) They can cancel accounts for unacceptable bandwidth useage even on 'unlimited' packages

Basically, they don't want hardcore net users any more - just fluffy consumers doing a bit of email.

f*** 'em.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Orange which used to be Wanadoo which used to be Freeserve.

8/10. Good service which always works, but probably a bit expensive. I'd love to switch to a cheaper provider, but everyone knows my email address now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Orange broadband - they are on their final warning :angry:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pipex 2mb unlimited. I'm still paying £23 a month.

Fairly good but lately it tends to drop the line every now again (It may be down to my BT Line.)

My mate has the same as me (£23 Pipex). He is changing over to Sky on Monday. When he advised Pipex that he was leaving they immediatley offered him the same service for £14.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tiscali 2mb £17.99 p.m. - waiting for upgrade to 8mb for same price. Speed drops to dial up when too many users online as my sons have hammered p2p and we are lumped in with all the heavy downloaders. Line drops out several times a day but this may be down to either BT (line equipment) or talk-talk (calls provider).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Briefly had AOL, it was expensive, slow and had that horrible browser which was intensly irritating. BT Internet and Yahoo, great until something when wrong but then useless.

Pipex for while, no complaints. Had Waitrose which was both cheap and reliable but know use TalkTalk which is excellent, they even wrote to admit they'd given poor service whenwe first had it even though it wasn't that bad.

Love to see BT or AOL ever admit they were wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here