Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naked scanner on airport trial.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well yes, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it up on a thread about airport security.

OK so they bought the stuff in by plane, had there been decent security in the 70's & 80's at airports then maybe they would have come in by boat, a much easier way anyway I would have thought.

The IRA were not interested in blowing up planes though which is my point, today's scum are, hence the need for better security. If it saves just one plane then it should be done if you dont like it get a bloody boat.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Hmm, so a poster's justifcation is one story from CBS, that well-reknowned source of balanced journalism?

I agree with Nibble here, it's absurd. What about children? It only takes one bent person working at an airport and suddenly these pictures are all over the internet.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I agree with Stumpy. If that's what they need to do to make planes safe these days, that's what they need to do. If you don't like it and feel that your human rights are being violated, you can choose not to get on a plane. It's not a human right to be able to fly across the world.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree with Nibble here, it's absurd. What about children? It only takes one bent person working at an airport and suddenly these pictures are all over the internet.

The same way it takes just one bent person at a nursery school, I would expect the security may be a little tighter to stop this happening, somebody might spot them with their camera phone

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If someone wants to blow something up, be it a plane or otherwise and they are willing to sacrifice their life to do such a thing there is f*** all you, the government, the airlines or X-ray can do about it.

News agencies like CBS etc love whipping up viewers into a frenzy over the big bad terrorists.

Here you might like this from the BBC website

Detecting strange behaviour
The problem with running scores of CCTV cameras in an airport terminal is someone has to keep a beady eye on the images they produce.

Vmad system
The system tracks movement to detect strange behaviour
To get around that, new devices are appearing that automatically detect "strange" behaviour. To do this, they learn basic elements of normal human behaviour in a situation, such as people wandering though a terminal building.

If someone starts running or jumping over barriers, the system flags up this "anomalous" behaviour.

Its reliability is hard to asses - what, after all, qualifies as "strange" behaviour? - but it cuts down the element of human chance, says Emma Brassington, of the British firm Roke Manor Research.

Now, I understand the need for Security at airports but come on people, this is f***ing ridiculous.

The X ray machine also has a "modesty" patch that it projects onto the persons special places so all Ali Jambo Mamood has to do is wrap some dynamite round his cock and Bim Bam BOOOOM, we all gonna die!!

Regina_George

Is butter a carb? :P
Aug 17, 2009
Brighton
I don't see the big deal with it, I've got nothing to hide :cool: ....
Ok seriously, I'd actually feel a little iffy, even with a 'modesty' patch covering my giblets.
They do go to some ridiculous lengths :/ although I suppose these guys who try to find any possible way of bringing a bomb on a plane might actually stop... although I don't see that happening

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
well perhaps if the governments of the US and UK hadn't directly funded, trained and facilitated Al Quida us normal folk with nothing to hide might not have to go through all this bullshit just to get over to europe and spend what scraps we have left after changing our pathetic sterling into euros thanks to the government and banks f***ing up the economy, not that many can afford to go abroad after the government stealing our money, robbing our pensions and making us all f***ing redundant.

Jesus, I sound like a fifty year old cab driver.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The X ray machine also has a "modesty" patch that it projects onto the persons special places so all Ali Jambo Mamood has to do is wrap some dynamite round his cock and Bim Bam BOOOOM, we all gonna die!!

Who is 'Ali Mamood', exactly, and why does he support Hearts?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Who is 'Ali Mamood', exactly, and why does he support Hearts?

This is He
And according to our government he wants to kill us all

muhammed-cartoon12.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh that, yeah fair enough. One foiled plot in a decade of "War" on terrorism.

Oh that, yeah fair enough. One foiled plot in a decade of "War" on terrorism.

I notice you didn't answer my question. Do you believe that there's only been one attempt at bombing/hijacking planes since 9/11?

Besides which, at what point does it become worth it? I would say that if 1 plane is not blown up/crashed into a building, that is worth an extra 10 minutes of my time every time I go through an airport.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Apologies I didn't see the paragraph under the link.

No I don't think Al Quida called it a day after 9/11 my point is really the scaremongering that goes with it. I support enhanced security at airports, even if it only makes travellers feel safer. However X-raying customers is, in my opinion a step too far.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Manchester airport are the first of what could become a national system. Basically the airport is trailling a scanner that gives the operator a naked image of a passenger that intends to board a flight. It is hoped that this system will replace the queues that one gets while passing through security. :wave:

No chance of Lady Gaga travelling through Manchester now ...

Dirk lovelace

Jul 14, 2009
Can't believe they've spent so much money on those machines. Why don't they just send off for those x-ray specs advertised in the back of Beano?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here