Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naked scanner on airport trial.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Manchester airport are the first of what could become a national system. Basically the airport is trailling a scanner that gives the operator a naked image of a passenger that intends to board a flight. It is hoped that this system will replace the queues that one gets while passing through security. :wave:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...but these will be replaced by queues and rugby scrum situations amongst customs staff, wanting to look, when a hottie appears on the horizon!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Get ready for a surprise!

total-recall.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Another violation of our basic rights. f***ing ridiculous. And I know we will get the usual folks saying "but the terrorists mummy, the terrorists" Well, this kind of disregard for human rights by us and the Yanks across the globe, which for some reason we seem to believe belongs to us, has lead to the terrorist activity we are told is, at any one time, only moments away from occurring.

Jesus, the IRA were blowing people to sticky- bits for years and I never had to walk through an airport "naked" even when going to see my family in Belfast.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It won't reduce the time you spend in an airport I guarantee it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Jesus, the IRA were blowing people to sticky- bits for years and I never had to walk through an airport "naked" even when going to see my family in Belfast.

I must have missed that incident when they hijacked a plane and blew it up over London or did they crash it into Big Ben

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I must have missed that incident when they hijacked a plane and blew it up over London or did they crash it into Big Ben

No, you must be confused the IRA didn't do that. They did, however, smuggle bomb making equipment and weapons into and out of the mainland.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"This was a meticulously planned operation with al Qaeda once again producing something new: this time, the Trojan bomber".

Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhhh RUN AWAY RUN AWAY The Trojan Bombers are coming!!!

Scaremongering, sensationalist bollocks.

Suppose it "justifies" the 5000 extra troops Brown is expected to announce he is sending over to Afghanistan in the next hour

Stumpy Tim

I said it justifies these scanners... I didn't mention anything about Afghanistan. You can sit there saying it's a disgrace blah blah blah, but as a frequent flyer I want to know I'm being protected to the max. And some fat guard seeing an outline of my tiny bollocks is a small price to pay.

But of course it's easier to feign outrage, until a plane gets blown to smitherins causing the loss of 300 lives. And then you'll moan the government didn't do enough.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well, the whole thing is linked with Afghanistan is it not. You posted that report - directly linked to Afghanistan.

It's bollocks stumpy I'm afraid. Scaremongering. Look at the page that report you posted fgs! American horse shit. Why? Because it justifies a lot of people making a lot of money out of the war machine.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ironically the people likely to be most upset by the nudey scanner will undoubtedly be Muslim men whose womenfolk are dressed head to toe in a black sheet to protect their modesty...now some spotty lowlife on airport security will be ogling his birds norks with complete impunity.

Hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here