Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MyAlbion TV query

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Has anyone had issues trying to watch videos on the new app?

Since the change I've not been able to watch anything using the App on my android phone.

If there's a quick fix I'd be grateful for the advice,thanks in advance.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Yes, I've had a few issues with the Android App.
Some older videos seem to play, but not recent ones.
As a potential quick-fix for Android: the videos seem to work from all 3 of my Android web browsers.

Also, the new website itself doesn't seem to work at all on my Windows 10 PC (I get a blank screen with just the Accessibility button showing), but it does seem to work on my Windows 11 laptop, and I've even managed to get videos working on the browser on my LG TV.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Seems from reading the reviews that everyone is saying the videos won't play in the app.

Suggest you drop PBOBE an email, after 4 or 5 pages into his reply you will get the answer of when a fix is coming.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
As a potential quick-fix for Android: the videos seem to work from all 3 of my Android web browsers.

Also, the new website itself doesn't seem to work at all on my Windows 10 PC (I get a blank screen with just the Accessibility button showing), but it does seem to work on my Windows 11 laptop, and I've even managed to get videos working on the browser on my LG TV.
ref windows 10.
Got to think the codecs need updating but thats just guess work. My old laptop works ok on windows 10 but i might have installed a program that sorted it out.

I'm assuming you have tried updating the graphs drivers.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
get a Iphone
Despite the poor grammar, I'm sure that was written in jest!
Even clearing the cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app didn't work.
Probably something that will be fixed before the season starts, I watch most of the content on a big screen, so doesn't bother me too much

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023

Had the same issue on the browser on Samsung TV..website would not display. In the end resorted to screen mirroring from IPhone for the last couple of pre season friendlies.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Ok thanks for the replies I'm trying to get the club to comment on how to fix the issue or indeed make them aware there's a problem with the App regarding (some) android phone users.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ok thanks for the replies I'm trying to get the club to comment on how to fix the issue or indeed make them aware there's a problem with the App regarding (some) android phone users.
Same issue here on my android phone!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There is the option to provide feedback within the app, if everyone who is having issues used this option, the club would have a better understanding that the testing before release wasn't comprehensive enough, given that being unable to watch videos surely is an option that should have been fully tested to ensure it works.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
There is the option to provide feedback within the app, if everyone who is having issues used this option, the club would have a better understanding that the testing before release wasn't comprehensive enough, given that being unable to watch videos surely is an option that should have been fully tested to ensure it works.
I used that, and that gave me an error dialog :facepalm:
At least that dialog gave me an email address to send the error report to instead.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Had the same issue on the browser on Samsung TV..website would not display. In the end resorted to screen mirroring from IPhone for the last couple of pre season friendlies.
I think I ended up changing the final part of the URL to "404" instead, to force it to the "page not found" page, which then had the menus across the top. From those, I could select the MyAlbion TV option and get onto the live streams (although I had to be patient while it took some time to load).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here