Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Word, Ray Wilkins

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love listening to Wilkins, too much moaning and negativity in the game at the moment. He is a breath of fresh air, my word. Superb.

I've changed my mind, and I now agree with this. He is a breath of fresh air, well played the young man.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
he is remarkably bad the old feller, but to be fair qpr have done very well, very very well, remember they've just come up! SHUT UP WILKINS YOU MONG!

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
wilkins is useless! my word he's useless!

Have to agree with this, his no nonsense style really grates with me. The best example from today being Cabaye's injury after Derry's pretty horrific tackle: goes on and on about him faking it, telling him to get up, says he has no idea why he's being taken off etc. Then 10 minutes later, we hear from the tunnel that Cabaye will be having an X-Ray, and is most definitely injured. Does he have the good grace to admit his mistake? No, completely ignores the comment and offers no apology. Irritating.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Have to agree with this, his no nonsense style really grates with me. The best example from today being Cabaye's injury after Derry's pretty horrific tackle: goes on and on about him faking it, telling him to get up, says he has no idea why he's being taken off etc. Then 10 minutes later, we hear from the tunnel that Cabaye will be having an X-Ray, and is most definitely injured. Does he have the good grace to admit his mistake? No, completely ignores the comment and offers no apology. Irritating.

This annoyed me so much, as well as his obvious bias toward Chelsea.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anybody in football is going to have bias to one club or another. They've all got their allegiances. That's why people like Martin Tyler never talk about which club he supports (I think he's a Woking man anyway though actually), and the same with the MOTD commentators, you can't really guess which clubs they support because they talk about all of them the same. I've flip flopped on Ray Wilkins now, I think his positivity makes a nice change.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We've got to the stage of playing 'My Word' bingo whenever Wilkins is the co-commentator. Just pick a number each before the game and whoever is closest wins. I think it was somewhere in the 20s last night, though I didn't see the whole game.

I do the same, but with the word "exceptional".

My Word is just a gimmie now.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
And check the number of times he refers to players " having that in their locker ". Also the number of times he said either " end of story" or " end of " today. I think he's as bland as you like and syas nothing insightful that any ordinary bloke can say. And that tackle of Derry's was a red card in my view from a very nasty and spiteful ex Palace player. End of !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here