Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My view - Crewe

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Just got back from the glorious surroundings of Sussex, and must say that we were very, very, VERY lucky to even get a draw. That's the worst I've seen us play in a long time - it looked like 2 poor sides to me, who will both struggle...even if you were definetly on top for most of it.

(By the way - Dario is very scathing of us and you can hear his post match interview with local radio at http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/realmedia/2005/08/gradi_130805.ram)

First half - we just created very little. I thought you did really well to stop our dangerous forward line - especially the big ginger bloke (McShane?). The midfield was tight and we really struggled to play and get to grips with you. Leon Knight and that new French winger of yours were excellent. Even if you didn't create much, you were good value for the 1-0.

Second half - same as usual. I don't think we created a single chance and looked totally and utterly abyssmal. It's weird seeing Crewe looking so miserable as that and, if you're bothered, there's going to be a load of changes for our next game. The turning point was when you took that French lad off. Why? It completely changed the outlook of the game and we came into it - scoring two totally undeserved goals by two players who shouldn't be professional footballers, let alone on the pitch. We should have held on...but fair play to coming back and the draw was the least you deserved.

To sum up - very unlucky to only get a draw. The Alex were dreadful, you were better; if average. I'd worry that you couldn't finish us off because, on that performance, you won't play many sides worse than us. And, if you remember, my pre match advice was to 'isolate the full backs and whip in loads of crosses as the keeper doesn't like it'. The two goals came from er...crosses!

As you can see, I'm not too happy!

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
An interesting perspective. General view seems to be that both teams will struggle but I think Albion can improve with a few more matches to blend.

McGhee post match said 'we still need more players' - wonder who he has in mind? Does this mean we still have cash to improve the team.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Lawro's Lip said:
An interesting perspective. General view seems to be that both teams will struggle but I think Albion can improve with a few more matches to blend.

McGhee post match said 'we still need more players' - wonder who he has in mind? Does this mean we still have cash to improve the team.

It's weird because, as a Crewe fan, I think that we can really improve if the team 'clicks'. That is the worse I have seen Crewe in a long time.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I guess its what every fan hopes their team will do. Certainly its a hell of a long time since Albion have had so many new players joining at the same time so I think we have reason to hope.

DG always seems to do the business for Crewe so perhaps we will both be OK in the end.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good report Jon

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks for you views Jon You make some good points!

I agree that you played badly, but you still got a point! Fair play to you!

We were on top but unfortunately we did have that blip! In our defence I would say we are still finding our best team. Im sure that we are going to hammer a team soon - just don't know which one!

I'd like us both to stay up but if it's down to one obviously I'll go for us!

At the end of the day we have only lost 1 so far, and I believe you are undefeated!

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Spot on Jon, I thought your captain, Lenny someone, had a good game. :jester:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
dougdeep said:
Spot on Jon, I thought your captain, Lenny someone, had a good game. :jester:
:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You mean Kenny Lunt I think. A very good player who made the difference.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
bhaexpress said:
You mean Kenny Lunt I think. A very good player who made the difference.

AAAAARRRRRGHHHHH.

Lunt = shite, but one of Dario's favourites. We tried to sell him over the summer, but no one wanted him. Unless McGhee has 250k ish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here