Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My thoughts on todays game and the players

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
(if anyone cares)

We deserved a point, but due to our inability at finishing, we deserved no more than that. The ball spent half the time in the air.

---

Blayney - made some decent saves, and is the man when it comes to stopping penalties, but I can't help getting a sudden pang of doubt in my head everytime someone shoots or crosses into his area. I felt a bit more confident with Henderson.

Hart - Did ok for the first hour or so, but it all came apart from then on. The handball was one of the most blatent ones I've ever seen. He mis timed his jump, realised their left winger (who was a threat but had no end product) would be through into the penalty area and punched the ball out for a throw in. Some refs would have given him the red card.

El Abd - Did well. Looks confident and was a rock at the back, and looked composed on the ball. Seems to hit everything up into the air with that side footed volley, which makes it go up but not forward.

Butters - Involved in every major incident, for better or worse. Good header for the goal, couldnt see if it was handball, but did badly for their goal. Like El Abd, hits it up and under all the time.

Reid - Not a left back, and it showed. Constantly cutting in on his right, pinging it and losing posession in doing so. My heart stopped when he flung himself into the air, only for the Watford right winger to cut inside and burst into the area.

Carole - Caused problems, but kept going around the houses rather than playing a simpler option. Hope he's not injured for Reading.

Oatway - Tries hard, but trying and doing are two different things. Started lunging in towards the end, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Can't question his commitment or desire, but is that enough at this level? When Chippy's fit, I can't see Charlie keeping his place

Hammond - Had a poor game in my opinion. Did nothing of note, and kept flying into tackles needlessly.

Frutos - Worked hard, but I don't remember him having a shot on goal, or creating a chance.

CKR - Did quite well. He has strength and close control, and is showing flashes of turning into a great player.

Robinson - Had a poor game. He was either offside, or onside and not committing himself. Doing so could very well have resulted in a first half penalty for us.

Knight - Not sure why he didn't start, but he looked like he could be a potential threat to Watford from the moment he came on.

McPhee - Didn't do much. Tried hard, but ultimately failed to make an impact. Nuff' said.

Nicolas - Played as a right midfielder, but he clearly isn't a right midfielder (although injury to Carole made it necessary). Blasted a shot wide when here were other options; he seemed to be desperate to score to gain a place in the starting line up for the next game.

----

I think our best combination of strikers is Knight and CKR, but we need (as everyone knows) a proper goalscorer. Hopefully this Andy Forbes guy is the next Kevin Philips...

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
well i never. well i never thought. well i never thought i'd see. well i never thought i'd see such a negative post than thee.

a draw away against the 3rd from top, and all you can do is strop:down: :down: :down: :down:
shame on you

Well in our game at the park today, I played brilliantly and scored several single-handed goals jinking around the defence and dinking the ball off the posts and chipping from 30 yards and......well, blinding goals from all angles really.

So, why can't you Albion players be doing that week-in week-out against the top sides then, eh??

(okay, so my brilliance was only in my dreams, but like Lord Nelson said Brighton expects every man to do his duty etc. and all that guff) ;)

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
but do you think it was a good result

In truth I think it was a great result, and by all accounts we were at least on a par with them, at their drum. Well done the lads :clap2:

In classic football-fan-fantasy, you should have had 3 by slalom-ing through the midfield like an Austrian skier, and then belting it like a Dutchman from 40 yards into the top corner. What is WRONG with you?? :glare: :O

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
in my classic fantasy i'm a championship winner.......hey ho..back to reality

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Race said:

It was a superb result, you guys just held the team in 4th, at home, and you very nearly won it. Ignore the eejuts on here making out it was a less than deserved result. We all know you need to score more goals, but a result at Watford yesterday was excellent

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Race said:

Fantastic result but it will have been a wasted effort if you don't follow it up with at least a 3 goal win at Reading :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Race said:
in my classic fantasy i'm a championship winner.

That's funny, mine involves whipped cream and handcuffs. :love:

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
i wasn't having a strop, but if we had proper full backs and a hitman we would have won the game. I know we can't do anything about it due to financial constraints.

It was indeed a very good TEAM performance, and a great result, but apart from El Abd and Blayney, no one really excelled individually.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So you are saying that Tank isn't a proper full back?

Race said:
a draw away against the 3rd from top, and all you can do is strop:down: :down: :down: :down:
shame on you

I see your point, and i'd have taken one before the game. Just a shame we couldn't get anything from our hold on the game in the first half. The sucker punch goal was sickening. I guess when you take the penaly save into consideration, we should think it was a fair result.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Yorkie said:
So you are saying that Tank isn't a proper full back?

He's many things - a full back is not one of them

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
shaolinpunk said:

Robinson - Had a poor game. He was either offside, or onside and not committing himself. Doing so could very well have resulted in a first half penalty for us.

McPhee - Didn't do much. Tried hard, but ultimately failed to make an impact. Nuff' said.

Why cant Magoo coach our GLUT of strikers???? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here