Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My theory on lua lua

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It came as a but of a shock to me that we signed him permanantly the other day, here is my theory why

Gus is being a shrewd man here, I reckon at the beginning of the season, he told kll to feign a few injuries, play ok, get some mins as a sub, take this info back to Newcastle, offer less than was on the table last time, and unleash him on Saturday!!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
You know what, you might just have something there! :thumbsup:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yeah, I'm sure our Manager encouraged one of our players to under perform.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, I'm sure our Manager encouraged one of our players to under perform.

I see your point, but how else can you explain the team performances under Mickey Adams' second time around?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
My theory is Gus has a longer memory than most Brighton fans apparently do.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
My theory is he has not performed since his injury, never going to get a regular game at Newcastle so didn't particularly want him and were prepared to offload quite cheaply, with no doubt a hefty sell on clause in case he comes good. We pick up a young promising player, for not too much up front outlay, he's a useful squad member at the moment who may get better, so no great risk and we profit if he comes good. I would be amazed if we paid more than £250k for him, unproven at this level and not done much for a year, who in their right mind would pay more than that?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My theory is that KLL is having a dip in form, but Gus can still see the long term potential.

I'm probably well off target though, which explains why I'm sitting here typing this and not drinking red wine with Alex Ferguson.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I see your point, but how else can you explain the team performances under Mickey Adams' second time around?

That was the time when I took a 'holiday' from watching the Albion and didn't go for a whole season for the first time in 20 years. So I assume it was because I wasn't there to encourage them.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
So what happened in the Crawley game which was after he signed?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Basically Gus would have said to all of them for gods sake DONT get injured!

With 7 players in contention to start or be on the bench I think the aim was to use this as a training match to keep up fitness levels.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
With 7 players in contention to start or be on the bench I think the aim was to use this as a training match to keep up fitness levels.

No! They may as just as well go and have a training match ... not suffer humiliating headlines ... what on earth could they have learnt from that

As for KLL I've no idea but the conspiracy theory is pure fiction. We've already seen lots of comments about some players not having the capability to step up from L1 to Champ ... hope KLL isn't another

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I think he has been using him less partly because noone has been doing so well and so that we can keep his valuation down. It is a master plan. He will score 3 tonkers from 30 yards on saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here