Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My ST and DVD has just been handed to me by the postie

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
For the first time in a few years my season ticket has arrived early this morning and I haven't needed to chase the club up for a missing ST as we enter the new season. Things are looking up - well done to the club.

bit late for the post isnt it??

Nope, with the new streamlined and modernised Royal Mail that is no longer a public service but a business you can your letters as late as three o'clock in some places.
You can thank New Labour for that.

Nope, with the new streamlined and modernised Royal Mail that is no longer a public service but a business you can your letters as late as three o'clock in some places.
That's a FANTASTIC service. We used to have to wait until the following morning.

This new arrangement harks back to the days of the GPO in its Victorian hey day.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't think I'd like the postman to give me an STD - VD.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Just arrived ten minutes ago as well - and yes out in the sticks this is when our post arrives - not bad considering the club decided to send it to the wrong address (well done postie for knwoing where I really live) - at least I have been able to go online and correct them!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
- not bad considering the club decided to send it to the wrong address (well done postie for knwoing where I really live)

And that's the kind of service, you can't put a price on.
Although RM thinks it can.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Yes, they "abolished 2nd post", and now, remarkably, the 1st post arrives when the 2nd post used to. Convenient that...

That's a FANTASTIC service. We used to have to wait until the following morning.

This new arrangement harks back to the days of the GPO in its Victorian hey day.

M'Lord I would say the GPO's heyday would be the after the Second World War and when it lost its Civil Service status in 1969.

And that's the kind of service, you can't put a price on.
Although RM thinks it can.

You forgot to include the pseudo Tories (New Labour) in that sentence my esteemed colleague!

Yes, they "abolished 2nd post", and now, remarkably, the 1st post arrives when the 2nd post used to. Convenient that...

It's all part of the unfair regulation that has been imposed on Royal Mail by this so called left wing Government we have in power, profits are now being lost to competitors who get given better licences by Postcomm to generate so called competition, all artificial mind you!
This Government and it's lackeys in the senior management of Royal Mail have decided that Royal Mail is now a business and not a public service, yet Royal Mail still has to provide the Universal Service Obligation to the general public and compete on unfair terms with our competitors and deliver the post at a profit.
Watch this space for further cuts in services.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here