Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My son has been offered a trail at Crystal Palace

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A trial for the son and a trial by ordeal for the father no doubt.

That said, it's important that children grow up knowing that others in the world don't have even basic standards of living, such as sanitation.

Thus you'd be best to view the trip to Croydon as being something on the lines of a family philanthropic effort.

If it doesn't work out, it'll be a clear case of casting pearls before swine.

He'll appreciate the Albion all the more then.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Wishing your son all the best in his football development.
if he doesn't make it at Palace, there could be a chance for him in lower leagues, similar to Solly March

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
if he doesn't make it at Palace, there could be a chance for him in lower leagues, similar to Solly March

:lolol:

I couldn't help but laugh at that.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Best wishes to your boy. I've had a great nephew start his career at 'that lot' up the road. He's been lucky enough to progress his way up and now keeps goal at Newport County

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How long ago was that? Given that we're now one of only 24 Cat 1 academies, I'd imagine and hope that our scouts would be all over any talent within Sussex, as well as Hants, Surrey and Kent.

Well done to the OP's son though.

About 10 years.

Like you, I'd assume the scout network is somewhat more focused nowadays. Just a shame they didn't pick up the OPs son.

It doesn't really matter which club it is, getting noticed by a league club (even them) must be quite exciting for the lad. Let's hope if he's good enough, the Albion come to his rescue at some point.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
My eldest aged 11 played for a SE London ISA representative team against Chelsea, Charlton, Fulham and Palace academies over a few months last year. They held their own against all bar Palace (lost 14-1 at the Crystal Palace sports complex) Palace kids were very very good.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
That's such a great opportunity.

Palace have a good track record with their academy.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

If Palace carry on their marvellous recent run, he'll be first team squad material by April.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Good point, by the time he makes the first team, he'll be playing in the lower leagues and probably lower than the one Solly plays in.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Boys_School_143%5B1%5D.jpg

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
You're not alone. My friends son plays for their u15s. His family are season ticket holders in the east stand.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I worry how you'll cope will all the tatt he'll bring home with Palace logos and branding on it. It'll haunt you. Imagine having to hang his training kit out in the garden to dry. What will the neighbours think. Even worse what if he eventually actually makes it and plays for them. Do you go and support them? :nono:

I was thinking this. You might have to go and watch them EVERY WEEK.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here