Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My question to the 'Adams Out' Brigade

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is if you want Adams out, who do you bring in who can do so much better and if the new manager gets off to a 'dissapointing' start, do you sack him after his first 10 games??

???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Adams sacking won't happen but as I've said since the day Adams was appointed I'd have preferred Danny Wilson. His teams play good football and for me that is more important than promotion or setting the division alight.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Fair comment adams won't be sacked but i won't renewing my season ticket unless things change - a season ticket may not be much to some people financially but it is to me and i am not prepared to spend my hard earned money watching this crap

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I won't be renewing either unless things improve. I consider myself a loyal fan who has stuck with the club through some very thin times, but with two young children (and living 50 miles away) I have better ways of spending my time and money.

I'm not saying Adams should be sacked, but I do think we are now entitled to be told EXACTLY why we got rid of Wilkins.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I won't be renewing either unless things improve. I consider myself a loyal fan who has stuck with the club through some very thin times, but with two young children (and living 50 miles away) I have better ways of spending my time and money.

I'm not saying Adams should be sacked, but I do think we are now entitled to be told EXACTLY why we got rid of Wilkins.
Very good points - we sit with someone that pays to come to the game who lives in portsmouth - if paying for the tickets wasn't bad enough some fans have to pay for considerable travel as well - the club must remember this.

As you say it would help if the club/board told the TRUTH about why Dean left - Dean obviously isn't allowed to say is he?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It will be interesting to say the least when Dean eventually gives an 'exclusive' to Naylor. If he ever does.

But on the same level, we have no right to know why he was dismissed from the managers position, so it's purely his call if he wants to make it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It will be interesting to say the least when Dean eventually gives an 'exclusive' to Naylor. If he ever does.

But on the same level, we have no right to know why he was dismissed from the managers position, so it's purely his call if he wants to make it.

That's perfectly correct, we have no "right to know" but it would help me understand why I'm watching rubbish for my money this season, when I'm currently sat there thinking it could have been so much better if the board had left it all alone. If your customers are feeling like that, wouldn't it make sense to explain why they are seemingly not get the value for money that they believe they would otherwise be getting.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That's perfectly correct, we have no "right to know" but it would help me understand why I'm watching rubbish for my money this season, when I'm currently sat there thinking it could have been so much better if the board had left it all alone. If your customers are feeling like that, wouldn't it make sense to explain why they are seemingly not get the value for money that they believe they would otherwise be getting.

I agree. But it isn't going to happen, at least, not for a very long time if it does.

The only 'weapon' we have as supporters to voice our displeasure is not to attend matches. Not very effective of course for the season ticket holders.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just because you know that something needs to be done it does not necessarily mean that you have to supply the resolution as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

May happen when he has received his settlement or last payment whichever is appropriate.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure that with Falmer put back a year (minimum) Dick Knight will now be quite content to hang Micky out to dry. As DK is quite happy to tell anybody who will listen, he always gets a list of 'name' managers anytime he advertises the job. If Micky flounces, or is sacked for under-achievement, DK will get in Gregory or Danny Wilson or Krusty The Clown. Unless he first gets removed from office himself that is.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton

Also bearing in mind that when the majority renewed for this year they ouldn't have guessed that Wilkins would no longer be the manager.

How do we know until we give them a try?

Not that I want Adams out - I worship the ground he walks on. I would suck his balls dry of cum, man. Just playing devil's advocate.

Maybe an up and coming coach from non-league? Someone who's playing second fiddle to a Premiership boss at the mo? Someone like Nigel Clough, bout time he finally had a shot at the league innit?

When we're playing at Falmer, then we can talk about Jose Mourinho. At the moment, we're tinpot.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
May happen when he has received his settlement or last payment whichever is appropriate.

that's what i've been thinking. Is Wilkins in the same situation as McGhee and Booker who continued to be paid as long as they kept their mouths shut and didn't take another job? Ian Chapman has been pretty quiet too.

I doubt we could afford another new manager given the cost of getting rid of adams, brooker (again), white, plus everyone else who sits in the dugout, and bringing in a whole new management team, plus the players they want.

DK has tried to keep it in the family, perhaps Paul Samrah could be next manager with Liz Costa and Sarah Watts as him back room team - wouldn't DK be happy then cos he could pick a team to include include watson, butters, oatway, rodgers, mayo, hart - all of whom are still on the payroll.

Is if you want Adams out, who do you bring in who can do so much better and if the new manager gets off to a 'dissapointing' start, do you sack him after his first 10 games??

???

Anyone with half a brain cell who knows where to play players.........

eg Thornton - played a blinder against Cheltenham and then dropped for next 2 league games - why? And when he did come on he didn't play in the right place. Yesterday was a joke with him given a free role which completely unbalanced the team leaving us with no right midfield.

eg Virgo - most people know where he should play and yet yesterday he covered 3 different positions finally causing Whing to go off who was not a happy bunny and I don't blame him

Play the right people in the right places and it could be amazing what happens and hey presto - you could have a decent manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here