Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My point of view re: today's performance.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Today was the day when it really hit home that we are going to be in relegation battle. It had half-dawned on me at Leeds but part of me assumed that was a one-off shite performance. How wrong I was.

The worst part is that none of our players look up for the fight. Strangely the ones who getting anywhere near being committed are the Joe and Thornton and they are on-loan.

No one played better than average today and therefore, as Scotty Mac said, no one should get above a 5 for rating.

Kuipers - 4 didn't really have much to do. kicking was average at best. great save though

Richards - 4 did alright but keeps drifting in field and leaving a huge gap

The Hawk - 4 had an ALRIGHT game by some standards but cocked up a late chance by passing the ball away from goal to safety

Elphick - 3 fairly anonymous

Whing - 2 awful

El-Abd - 4 ran around quite a lot and made a few good tackles.

Savage - 3 played a few nice little passes as usual. should have scored in the first half. bottled every tackle and every header. not good enough.

Thomson - 2 lost the ball far too often and offered very little.

Joe - 5 he was our best player today I thought. plenty of running and looked like our only source of a goal for much of the game. just lacks the final product.

Mcleod - 4 still doesn't look totally fit but showed enough to make me think that he will provide some creativity in weeks to come.

Virgo - 0.5 did absolutely bollocks all. How we are relying on him to be our lone striker is beyond me. we are not evening playing to his strenghts. Adams is expecting him to play EXACTLY the same as Murray and that is not going to happen.

Subs:

Robinson - 4 looked quite lively and had a couple of chances well saved.

Cox - 4 also looked energetic. worth a start in the one of the next games.

Thornton - 5 gave us some hope with his running and creativity. why this boy isnt starting I don't know.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
think your being very unfair on virgs...it is not his fault he is being played here there and everywhere,yer he wasnt good but he is a centre back who will have a go anywhere he is asked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here