Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My only complaint from last night..

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Fans pay their money, they can do what they like with their time.

Yes they can, although why some are prepared to miss some of the game to get a pie and/or a pint is beyond me. Isn't there enough time before and afterwards?

If people want to leave early that's their prerogative, but I wish they would at least try to wait for a break in play and, most of all, that when they get up to go, they just GO and not hang around talking or pausing to watch the game on their way out.

It's so inconsiderate but, I suppose, we must accept that consideration for others is very low on the agenda for many fans. I've paid my money, too, and I'd like to see all the match, if that's not being too demanding...

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I've always thought leaving early is like leaving before the end of a film or play. I just don't get it. (yes I know all the arguments about some being unsteady on their feet or needing to make sure they get certain trains for connections back home miles away) but the place was less then half full at full time. We just played the best footie for years and half our fans couldn't be bothered to stay until the end to show their appreciation.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have a weak bladder. If I have one pint before the game I'll be pissing for the next hour, so four pints and one at HT really makes me piss - a lot! I know this can be a problem to other fans, so I actually requested an isle seat for my ST this season and that's what I got. Also, I only missed one goal whilst having a piss last season. But it had to be Anfield.... The only thing to cheer and I was pissing!

I've got a bladder the size of a pea and purposely don't drink anything for an hour or so before the match and nothing during the match either - and still need a couple of pisses during my average Amex experience!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do have one complaint.

One chap insisted on whistling every time he wanted to celebrate anything. Everyone else would clap and cheer, or join in a short song, but he'd just whistle, and whistle. It was loud and annoying, and I'm just grateful I wasn't sat next to him.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
I do have one complaint.

One chap insisted on whistling every time he wanted to celebrate anything. Everyone else would clap and cheer, or join in a short song, but he'd just whistle, and whistle. It was loud and annoying, and I'm just grateful I wasn't sat next to him.

at least he makes a noise.im sure the bloke next to me is dead

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
God help us if terraces return, all those people jumping up and down ALL match....football in the 80's was rubbish.

:jester:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have waited and watched some incredible shit over the years in the ridiculous hope that we may one day play football like we are currently playing. There is no way i'm going to miss a second of it :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've always thought leaving early is like leaving before the end of a film or play. I just don't get it. (yes I know all the arguments about some being unsteady on their feet or needing to make sure they get certain trains for connections back home miles away) but the place was less then half full at full time. We just played the best footie for years and half our fans couldn't be bothered to stay until the end to show their appreciation.

There was also a mass exodus on the 40 minute mark to 'beat the rush' to the half-time catering. Seems to me to be a bit of a rubbish thing to do, but, hey, each to their own :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

But people do leave before the end of films. I've been amazed by the number of people who walk out the moment a marvel film's credits start given how all of their films have extra scenes in or after the credits that these people miss out on. So many films these days have bonus scenes in or after credits, that anyone who leaves as soon as the credits start are missing the end of the film.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But people do leave before the end of films. I've been amazed by the number of people who walk out the moment a marvel film's credits start given how all of their films have extra scenes in or after the credits that these people miss out on. So many films these days have bonus scenes in or after credits, that anyone who leaves as soon as the credits start are missing the end of the film.

Tho I'll wager it's a price most people are willing to pay for not having to sit through five minutes of announcements about who the 2nd Unit Lead Carpenter was.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Did notice one thing last night, it is a lot quicker getting out after the final whistle when CMS has been subbed :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We left after their corner.

We had shut up shop long before then, and they were never going to score.
It's a pretty late night for the kids, to add 15-30mins of queuing on top wouldn't have been pretty.

Jnr was asleep in the car by Portslade, from Mill Road.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes they can, although why some are prepared to miss some of the game to get a pie and/or a pint is beyond me. Isn't there enough time before and afterwards?

If people want to leave early that's their prerogative, but I wish they would at least try to wait for a break in play and, most of all, that when they get up to go, they just GO and not hang around talking or pausing to watch the game on their way out.

It's so inconsiderate but, I suppose, we must accept that consideration for others is very low on the agenda for many fans. I've paid my money, too, and I'd like to see all the match, if that's not being too demanding...

Consideration works both ways. Why don't you and all the other whingers consider that people might want to leave early for any number of reasons and it's none of your business why they do it.

Just stand up and let them past, you don't miss any of the game and it's hardly a big effort is it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We left after their corner.

We had shut up shop long before then, and they were never going to score.
It's a pretty late night for the kids, to add 15-30mins of queuing on top wouldn't have been pretty.

I think that was probably quite a large factor in the amount of people that left early last night. Personally I couldn't give a monkeys cuss when people go, but there certainly seemed to be more than usual early leavers last night, but I think the queueing for transport combined with the fact that we had obviously won the game contributed quite a bit to that.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Consideration works both ways. Why don't you and all the other whingers consider that people might want to leave early for any number of reasons and it's none of your business why they do it.

Just stand up and let them past, you don't miss any of the game and it's hardly a big effort is it.

It's no effort at all. Read my post again. I don't understand why they would want to do it, but completely accept that they have a right to do so. What I do object to is them getting up to leave and NOT going!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have waited and watched some incredible shit over the years in the ridiculous hope that we may one day play football like we are currently playing. There is no way i'm going to miss a second of it :clap:

I tend to feel that way and if I do get a mite irritated by the guy on the other end of my row who is clearly pissed before kick off and has to visit the bogs four or five times during the game, it's a small price to pay. I just remind myself of all the years when being pissed was the best way to get through a game - these youngsters just don't know they're born :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here