Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My most hated commentary cliche

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just had it in the Arsenal game.
It wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that I've not looked at any of the TV footy all weekend, and this beauty was said within 30secs of the TV being on.

'The one thing Arsene doesn't want is a replay'.

Surely if that was the case, the team who least want a reply would just boot the ball into their own net, with the last kick of the game.

So with 5mins to go, what do Arsenal want now, go out of the cup, or a draw?.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
what makes me laugh is the assumption that Arsenal would win. Who's left out of the 'big 4' now...????

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I despise 'that was worth the entrance money alone.'

Beyond that, I hate the phrase 'stonewall penalty' and especially if it's described as a 'stonewaller'.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I can't stand "no doubt about it", as in "if they'd had passed to Rooney he'd have scored - no dout about it!"

ffs, any sentance that starts with the word "if" by definition introduces doubt....... :rant:

and relax!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"DELIGHTED"

I never use this word, nor does anyone I know. But every footballer and every manager does. WHY IS THIS?

Because you and everyone you know are always miserable?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"They think it's all over"

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I f***ing hate the FA Cup line 'OH the magic of the cup' and other associated nonsense.

Heard 'Is the cup up to it's old cheeky self' or something on the scunny game :facepalm:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Using "the goals" an expression of the singular, such as, he hit the ball towards the goals. A single goal is just that a goal not goals you thick shits.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
" He is a player who always gives 110%/120%/150%/200% " :laugh:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
'He'll be disappointed with that'

Any lower or non-league player having some to 'tell their grandchildren', because they are on the same pitch as 11 overpaid premiership primadonnas.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Using "the goals" an expression of the singular, such as, he hit the ball towards the goals. A single goal is just that a goal not goals you thick shits.

Alan Hansen is an expert at that. How many goals can a player aim at FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here