Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Latest Blog For Sky Sports - A Look back at Withdean's best bits

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You've missed THE Withdean highlight though.

The sight of disabled HOOLIGAN driving his mobility vehicle all over the pitch after the Man Citeh game. :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Isnt it funny how we dont get to hear of TIMMYS pathetic dribblings on the argus website anymore.

Good stat:
Since Withdean hosted its first competitive game on the 7th August 1999, we have played 307 times. Are you ready for this - 143 have been victories, 73 have ended in draws and 91 have been lost on our own patch.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
"My wife being zoomed in on by the Sky cameras after we ran on the pitch after we won the shootout. She was dancing around in the rain with a bloke called Fat Steve. Sky then used that clip in all the build up bits for the Play Off Final." - Phil Shelley.

You could have said Safeway...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Great memories well summarised :thumbsup:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
A great read as per usual and some great memories but one slight point, you said

being so rubbish in The Championship that when we lost at home to Sheffield Wednesday, we not only relegated ourselves, but condemned QPR, Crewe and Millwall to the drop as well.

QPR didn't get relegated that season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
"My wife being zoomed in on by the Sky cameras after we ran on the pitch after we won the shootout. She was dancing around in the rain with a bloke called Fat Steve. Sky then used that clip in all the build up bits for the Play Off Final." - Phil Shelley.

You could have said Safeway...

No, Fat Steve is seriously FAT, FACT!

[yt]zPeN0u_LbBA[/yt]
Check at 9.52 on here

Last edited:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
yeh where the fucks the man city game ???

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
just watched that video of the play off semi final, even though i KNOW we won it, my heart was still goin during that shoot out haha

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
You didnt mention the man city game...???

there were a few bits I had to take out as it was way too long.unfortunately that was one, although the pitch invasion after got a brief mention

A great read as per usual and some great memories but one slight point, you said

QPR didn't get relegated that season.

I forgot it was bottom 3, not bottom 4 that got relegated, just had a brief look at the table. aplogies

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Au contraire Cheers , but no old skoFrom The Argus). Plus if you're interested and to think of me you obviously are. a small literary agency are awaiting on a 3000- 5000 synopsis re my adventures experienced whilst on sabbatical if I can make it interesting enough. And of course it will proof read!

Sabbatical?

Are you going to write it with a sneering undertone? You know, rambling on about how you could pick and choose a bit of work here and there, whilst acting all high and mighty over those that genuinely struggle to exist when they are out of work and boasting about your day trips or boozy jaunts without a care in the world. Effectively, turning your nose up at those that people that can't sleep or function properly because fate has not treated them kindly.

D

Deleted User X18H

No I am not . And perhaps that occurred because at that time I was far from happy that I had lost my job and it was my way of deflecting how I really felt and really coped with the realisation that I no longer did a job I enjoyed and had lost the benefits, status and friendships that went with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here