Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My iPod has just spazzed up

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
And crashed at the start of a song which it refuses to play. Pressing the buttons does bugger all. And the screen stays lit up.

Any ideas? I'm not near my home PC so I can't plug it back into iTunes until about 9am.

(PS And anyone suggesting "don't use Apple" -- especially of an Irish persuasion -- can feck off!)

(PPS Don't give me "Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?" either!)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
hold down play and the centre button will then reset it self (in theory) or might be centre button and menu for two seconds or so. Try both options

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
And crashed at the start of a song which it refuses to play. Pressing the buttons does bugger all. And the screen stays lit up.

Any ideas? I'm not near my home PC so I can't plug it back into iTunes until about 9am.

(PS And anyone suggesting "don't use Apple" -- especially of an Irish persuasion -- can feck off!)

(PPS Don't give me "Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?" either!)

Turn it off and on again? :jester:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nope it resets it self, far more than turning itself off. It it one of the video ones it dosn't work tho

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Could be a problem - is the music backed up ?

Otherwise re-set button and you may lose it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
The music's all on my PC, yes. Might give it a go, ta.

Good call backing up - well done lost all mine once :down:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I held down "menu" and the middle button for about three seconds and it showed the glowing apple symbol then returned to "normal". Not even dumping my music collection.

However, I'm not happy and will have STERN WORDS with the Apple helpline tomorrow.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
My i pod died after 2 and a half years good service (I used it ever day nearly). Which is better than my mini disks players used to last in the good old days.

I went for a re conditioned one via the apple link at the top of NSC. £140 and as good as new. Bish Bash BOSH!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
My mini ipod battery lasts for about 1 hour on a good day, is this normal ?

Nothing worse than being on a running machine and the music stopping (i suppose get your limbs slowly sliced off would come near....).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have a premenition of some Irish person berating you on here about how crap apple is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here