Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Grandad has just died.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
A Gentleman to remember before the first kick-off at Falmer. Condolences.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
God bless him.

I would have liked to met him for a beer.

RIP.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
sorry to hear your sad news, i never knew either of my grandfathers one dying 20 years before i was born the other in WW2 but i know from friends that it can be special bond between grandfather and grandson, it's an age old saying but at least he had a good innings.

Pretty much same as. I am always saddended when I hear of grandparents dying as only one of mine was still alive when I was born, and he died when I was a nipper, so I've never really known what it's like to have grandparents.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Sounds like a legend.

86 years is a hell of a lot, and he sounds like he filled every moment with somthing interesting.

Deserved to see the Albion at Falmer, its sad that the fans who will never see us play at falmer, didn't for such pathetic and frankly ****ish reasons. Its great they'll be remembered though and that every kick there will be for them as well as the crowd.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sorry to hear that mate, maybe a minute silence before the first game for those who couldn't go the distance, health wise that is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RIP Grandad
does sound like he was a real character, as other have said he along with the others that have gone will be remembered first game at Falmer.
remember the good times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here