Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My First Withdeane experience

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
edna krabappel said:
Mine was watching the Brighton B-52s American football team. There used to be that crappy old stand at the main road end.

Atmosphere or not, watching the Albion there is still a million miles better than watching American football.

De-fence! clap clap
De-fence! clap clap
:angry:

Didnt the B-52's once get about 12,000 for a game at Withdean or am I deranged?

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
edna krabappel said:
Mine was watching the Brighton B-52s American football team. There used to be that crappy old stand at the main road end.

Atmosphere or not, watching the Albion there is still a million miles better than watching American football.

De-fence! clap clap
De-fence! clap clap
:angry:

Actually, you say that, but one of my most memorable non football sporting memories was attending the American Football pre-season exhibition game at Wembley Stadium in the late 80s. Miami Dolphins v San Francisco 49s. Full house, brilliant atmosphere, great American razz-matazz and a close exciting match to finish it all off. The two quarter backs, Dan Marino and Joe Montana were considered at the time to be the best ever to play the game, and they were both playing that day. They could throw a ball further than Ben Roberts could kick one. A brilliant day out.
:clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I went to some athletics meeting way back in the 60's.

I notice you avoided me whilst with your missus, Northstander :lolol:

Did you think I was going to tell on you (that'll get the rest of the board thinking :lolol: )

Lush

Mods' Pet
My first experience of Withdean was moving into our house on Wayland Avenue and realising I could see the pitch from my bedroom window!

Well exciting on Brighton Lions Donkey Derby Day in the 70's....

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
im sure noone's gonna disagree about the atmosphere thing!shite but if we do get falmer im sure none of us will ever forget dodge and those 2 championship trophys!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i always get funny looks for singing

what a bunch of binners the home support is

away tho - best in't country

Paddy B said:
Didnt the B-52's once get about 12,000 for a game at Withdean or am I deranged?
I think the attendance for that game was nearer 16,000.I also think that the answer to the atmosphere problem could well be un-allocated seating,I know We cannot do it with the seats allready in place,but perhaps with the new seats that are supposed to be going in .I'm not sure if the club are allowed to do it ,it seems to work at away games , You have more chance of sitting with Your mates and are therefore more likely to get a good sing-song going,as I said though not sure if the club are allowed to sell un-allocated seating at Withdean.:mexican: :mexican:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
I went to some athletics meeting way back in the 60's.

I notice you avoided me whilst with your missus, Northstander :lolol:

Did you think I was going to tell on you (that'll get the rest of the board thinking :lolol: )

hi Yorkie,

GOD I'M sorry if I did, I didn't intend to if I did!!!! BLIMEY DO I FEEL BAD NOW!!!

:(

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Northstander said:
hi Yorkie,

GOD I'M sorry if I did, I didn't intend to if I did!!!! BLIMEY DO I FEEL BAD NOW!!!

:(

He he don't feel bad.

Don't you just want us to get through the playoffs now so that we can visit Elland Road?

How many have they dragged out of the Aire so far?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
They all think they'll go straight back up!! HEHE

I am now getting pay back for a whole season of being taken the mickey out of for following the Mighty Seagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here