Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My date lastnight. Summary.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Well, after 48 hours of top tips and advice from Albions finest lotharios and Terry Thomas wannabes I can report back to NSC with a run-down from last night.

Leaving work early I popped home and spruced up. Knowing she was coming straight from work I didn't want to be too casula and make her feel overdressed.

I went for the simple dark suit, crisp white shirt, no tie and well polished shoes. We met at a small bar in Sevenoaks and I have to say I had forgotten how gorgeous she was. Feeling slightly nervous I offered her a drink, both Gin and Tonics and we sat down on a comfy sofa in the corner.

The part I had been most nervous about was that initial 20 minutes or so but it was surprisingly easy, as the conversation went from work, instigated by a simple how was yopur day? question which opened the conversation to work, people and so on.

We then went to the restaurant and by now was feeling more relaxed and comfortable. I had incidentally by now decided that I would insist on paying. We kicked off with a bottle Sancerre, great decision from NSC, thank you, and picked the food. She went for a simple mackerel pate, and I chose a herring dish.
For the main course she plumped for the Dormer Crab and I chose the pan-fried Bass.

Absolutely top grub, top wine and by now it was clear that we were enjoying each others company. Then the high spot of the night. She said: " I don't mean to be rude but would you mind if make a quick phone call?"

slighlty worried, based on the 'she may be finding an excuse to leave' I nodded and she then proceeded to ring her brother and ask "What is the England score ?"

Scraping my jaw off the floor I asked if she was a keen football fan. It transpired she was and had been to several Charlton (not great, but could be a lot worse as she is not a million miles from Priestfield) games and absloutley loved it. Unfortunately she was a big England fan and asked my so many Scotsmen loved watching England lose, which I superficially touched on and then explained why she thought James was a disaster but how could he not be with Tim Flowers as his coach at Man City (!!) and how David Beckham was an unattractive, overpaid nancy bot who flattered to deceive.

Well thing went from strngth to strength and it became clear that I could quite happily repeat the evenings events. It was then that she said that we should meet again next week for her sisters part in London and I felt that it would be ungentlemanly and rather gauche for the "Would younlike to pop back for a coffee" line.

I saw her into a cab and then made my way home feeling quite pleased and reflecting on a very pleasant evening. the best thing about the whole proceedings was that I did not think once about the ex girlfriend and although it cropped up very briefly I simply did not want to talk about her when I was enjoying myself so much.

She texted me to say that she had got home ok and that she had had a fantastic time and was looking forward to the next date.

All in all a thousand thatnks to NSC as all the advice and dos and donts were a great help. Easy 10 the poem nearly came out but I forgot the third verse. Brovian, she was more interested on the first tank enegagement at Cambrai and we agreed to discuss that on a more in-depth basis on the following date.

So there we are then. A top night out, with a lovely girl who loves football. Can't be that bad and I hope that things will carry on in the same vein. All that is left to say is that for anyonelse ont his message board, if you have any domestic dilemmas, any problems of the heart, throw them open to the fine people of NSC and you will not go far wrong!!

ONce again. Thank you all and see you at Watford.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Top result, DT. Hope it all goes well for you on future dates.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well played Diggers. Sounds like you are smoooooth with a capital smooo.

Must be reassuring to know you still have that poem in your armoury as well, just to fill any awkward silences. Glad it all went well. Good work fella.

:clap:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ok... confession time... who cut to the last paragraph to see if they 'did it' ?? :blush:

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nice to see romance isn't dead then :)

Digweeds Trousers said:
Then the high spot of the night. She said: " I don't mean to be rude but would you mind if make a quick phone call?"

slighlty worried, based on the 'she may be finding an excuse to leave' I nodded and she then proceeded to ring her brother and ask "What is the England score ?"

An almost perfect woman. It could be far worse than Charlton (CP MANU etc), better get onto CAFC Matt to get some latest Charlton gossip to really impress her.

Looking forward to the next installment :D

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What did she think of your name? I mean, how do you introduce yourself? 'good evening, my name is Digweeds Trousers...'

Good choice with the Sancerre - the perfect aperitif. Must have been bloody expensive stuff. Even at the 'factory gates' in France, it's 15 euros (about £10).

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I must say the whole evening set me back about £120, the Sancerre was £24.50 a pop - the G&T were £4.90 a go so yes expensive but well worth it. I will be looking forward to sinking several lagers on Saturday. i went to Watford last year with a client who is a big Ipswich fan and a great time in the bars around the town centre. So all in all from Wednesday to SAturday night is probably going to do me for about £300.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Brilliant Diggers .... almost felt as if we were on the next table!
Good luck

Digweeds Trousers said:
Well, after 48 hours of top tips and advice from Albions finest lotharios and Terry Thomas wannabes I can report back to NSC with a run-down from last night.

Leaving work early I popped home and spruced up. Knowing she was coming straight from work I didn't want to be too casula and make her feel overdressed.

I went for the simple dark suit, crisp white shirt, no tie and well polished shoes. We met at a small bar in Sevenoaks and I have to say I had forgotten how gorgeous she was. Feeling slightly nervous I offered her a drink, both Gin and Tonics and we sat down on a comfy sofa in the corner.

The part I had been most nervous about was that initial 20 minutes or so but it was surprisingly easy, as the conversation went from work, instigated by a simple how was yopur day? question which opened the conversation to work, people and so on.

We then went to the restaurant and by now was feeling more relaxed and comfortable. I had incidentally by now decided that I would insist on paying. We kicked off with a bottle Sancerre, great decision from NSC, thank you, and picked the food. She went for a simple mackerel pate, and I chose a herring dish.
For the main course she plumped for the Dormer Crab and I chose the pan-fried Bass.

Absolutely top grub, top wine and by now it was clear that we were enjoying each others company. Then the high spot of the night. She said: " I don't mean to be rude but would you mind if make a quick phone call?"

Scraping my jaw off the floor I asked if she was a keen football fan. It transpired she was and had been to several Charlton (not great, but could be a lot worse as she is not a million miles from Priestfield) games and absloutley loved it. Unfortunately she was a big England fan and asked my so many Scotsmen loved watching England lose, which I superficially touched on and then explained why she thought James was a disaster but how could he not be with Tim Flowers as his coach at Man City (!!) and how David Beckham was an unattractive, overpaid nancy bot who flattered to deceive.

Well thing went from strngth to strength and it became clear that I could quite happily repeat the evenings events. It was then that she said that we should meet again next week for her sisters part in London and I felt that it would be ungentlemanly and rather gauche for the "Would younlike to pop back for a coffee" line.

I saw her into a cab and then made my way home feeling quite pleased and reflecting on a very pleasant evening. the best thing about the whole proceedings was that I did not think once about the ex girlfriend and although it cropped up very briefly I simply did not want to talk about her when I was enjoying myself so much.

She texted me to say that she had got home ok and that she had had a fantastic time and was looking forward to the next date.

All in all a thousand thatnks to NSC as all the advice and dos and donts were a great help. Easy 10 the poem nearly came out but I forgot the third verse. Brovian, she was more interested on the first tank enegagement at Cambrai and we agreed to discuss that on a more in-depth basis on the following date.

So there we are then. A top night out, with a lovely girl who loves football. Can't be that bad and I hope that things will carry on in the same vein. All that is left to say is that for anyonelse ont his message board, if you have any domestic dilemmas, any problems of the heart, throw them open to the fine people of NSC and you will not go far wrong!!

ONce again. Thank you all and see you at Watford.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I told you the Sancerre would do the trick!!!

I am glad you had a nice evening and best of luck in the future.

BTW If it ends up in marriage, do we all get an invite to the wedding, after all, good advice etc etc.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

http://www.langlois-chateau.fr/default.htm

This is a vintner on the Loire just outside Saumur. their Sancerre is to die for

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Good Job DT! Glad to see it went OK and shes a footy fan...thats always a good thing I find. Hope it goes well for ya next week :clap:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Top bombing DT! Mate if she likes footy thats top stuff, means she'll be easy to turn into seagulls fan. My bird was strict pompey now loves brighton, look at yorkies nedd.

p.s. worth paying for the meal though, guranteed shag next meet :lolol:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Le Château de Fontaine-Audon est l'un des 4 Châteaux viticoles du Sancerrois. C'est une petite propriété de 15 ha d'un seul tenant, sur des sols à dominante " silex " très caractéristiques, et située à Ste Gemme en Sancerrois, au Nord-Ouest de l'appellation Sancerre. Nous y produisons principalement du vin blanc, à base de sauvignon, et un peu de vin rouge (cépage pinot noir)

Sancerre - the way forward what can I say. the unmistable bouquet of Grapefruit and Passion fruit. Top shout NSC vintners.:clap: :clap:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Digweeds Trousers said:

Then the high spot of the night. She said: " I don't mean to be rude but would you mind if make a quick phone call?"

You've got to read between the lines here DT, 'What is the England Score?' was code for "All okay he seems pretty normal"
If she'd gone for 'What's the Wales Score?' you might have been in trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here