Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My dads last game V Blackburn

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
With all that's wrong in the football world it's these kind of stories that binds us football folk together with a kind that is hard to be replicated in many forms of life. So pleased you had a great day!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This shows what being a community club is all about. A wonderful gesture by the club, staff and Bobby. I wish you both more happy memories in the time you've got left together.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Very sorry to hear of your dads illness, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time. Very well done to our club on giving your dad a fabulous day and memories to treasure.

Couple of great pics there, the ones with Bobby Z and Mullers which you will be no doubt be having enlarged and framed at some point. I used to think the concept of a 'community stadium' was just something to help the planning permission come about, but this week in particular we have the proof that we are indeed a community club as well.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sorry to hear about your Dad but so glad he enjoyed his day at the Albion mate.
Baz

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
View attachment 67972
Would just like to share a few pics & memories with you all on NSC as yesterday's game V Blackburn will be the last time my dad will enjoy the pleasure of going to the Amex, but what a way to go out,
Can not thank the club enough for the most beautiful day imaginable
Just last week my dad was told he had a rare form of brain cancer and had a few months to live, on hearing this news the family were left shattered
But what a massive boost we all got this week was a message from the club saying we'd all be treated to a VIP day at the Amex V Blackburn, I've never known in all my life a greater hospitality than what we received today, it was beyond belief
4 course Meal,free Bar, best seats in the house, tour of stadium, met Alan Mullery Bobby Zamora Inigo Calderon Liam Rosenier
Big thanks to Everyone at the club, the most emotional day of our lives which you all made very special
Xx

Fantastic treatment :thumbsup:

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Thank you for sharing. We all share the same love of this wonderful club and I found your post deeply moving. Ironically, given the unhappy circumstances, it was also life affirming and positive!
All the very best in the days and weeks to come.
x

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
L, I am so sorry to hear that. I was wondering why I hadn't seen you in your usual seat on Saturday. Wouldn't have expected it would have been for that reason.
Hope you enjoyed the day mate and looks like the club did you proud.
I know you are a brickie through working with you, but I also know that you're Dad, Bob, , was a brickie subcontractor and although I never worked for him I've heard he was one of the best.
Cherish every moment L. All the best. Hope to see you soon. G.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Shattered by this very sad news and my heart goes out to Dad, you and your family. I will always remember the many afternoons me and your Dad spent together on the sidelines of county grounds, proudly watching our lads playing for Southwick FC. I am so pleased the club gave you both a special day. Your dad is a true gentleman and knowledgeable football fan.

When I think back to all the games of football I played over 20 years playing for Sussex, Southwick,Horsham,Shoreham,Worthing,Adur,fishersgate,Brighton boys,Brighton youth, Kings Manor,manor hall,manor 30, hove dynamos, station Hotel, Woodmancote, South Coast Tavern & The Windmill( more clubs than Tony Jacklin) I can count on one hand the games that my dad wasnt watching from the sidelines :)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
L, I am so sorry to hear that. I was wondering why I hadn't seen you in your usual seat on Saturday. Wouldn't have expected it would have been for that reason.
Hope you enjoyed the day mate and looks like the club did you proud.
I know you are a brickie through working with you, but I also know that you're Dad, Bob, , was a brickie subcontractor and although I never worked for him I've heard he was one of the best.
Cherish every moment L. All the best. Hope to see you soon. G.
See you all at The Hull game back in my usual seat in N1 A , shall miss the overline lounge now though, I've been spoilt now

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What a super thread.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
When I think back to all the games of football I played over 20 years playing for Sussex, Southwick,Horsham,Shoreham,Worthing,Adur,fishersgate,Brighton boys,Brighton youth, Kings Manor,manor hall,manor 30, hove dynamos, station Hotel, Woodmancote, South Coast Tavern & The Windmill( more clubs than Tony Jacklin) I can count on one hand the games that my dad wasnt watching from the sidelines :)

Well said Mr T-all the best to you and your dad.
One day we will have that :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here