Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

my concern is that all the goodwill mickey had is going down the toilet

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Credit to Micky Adams, for his achievement 7 years ago.

But the blind faith that people have in him today is just silly.

Our form has been terrible all season and shows no sign of improving. If it was any manager other than Adams, you would be calling for his head.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For me personally even if this all ends in tears it won't tarnish Adams reputation in my book. When I think of Alan Mullery I think of Peter Ward, promotions and reaching Division 1 - I've blanked his second spell out of my memory. When I think of Jimmy Case I think of 1983 and the run to the Cup final not his spell in management. I'll always remember Micky Adams as the man who turned us from being a basket-case into a club that reached the second tier (even if he did bugger off before the job was 100% complete).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mickey Adams never won us the league in this division - Peter Taylor did

The man who told Leon Knight to pack his bags at Wycombe and has led them to a 9 point lead in League 2, we brought the wrong man back, of that I'm 100% sure, expecially as Taylor was available at the same time as Wilkins was sacked.

I personally never had that much goodwill towards Adams. He did a great job last time out but his constant touting of himself for a better job left a sour taste. For that reason alone I wouldn't have brought him back, he thought he was better than us but time proved him wrong and we let him back in, bad mistake. He may well save us from relegation but I seriously doubt he'll lead us to glory again, not good enough at this level.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That was a simple steering job with Micky's team (plus a cameo role by Junior Lewis)
Don't want to piss on your fire mate as you might not buy me another beer, but i thought that was shrewd by Taylor.We were just starting to fade and he brought in an attacking midfielder and the rest is history.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't want to piss on your fire mate as you might not buy me another beer, but i thought that was shrewd by Taylor.We were just starting to fade and he brought in an attacking midfielder and the rest is history.

I think Junior Lewis may be THE slowest player I have ever seen. watching him haul his diodgy knees through that Withdean mud was painful to behold :lol:

Beer's waiting for you on boxing Day mate :cheers:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think Junior Lewis may be THE slowest player I have ever seen. watching him haul his diodgy knees through that Withdean mud was painful to behold :lol:

Beer's waiting for you on boxing Day mate :cheers:

That is very tempting,i might haul my fat frame down there.Cheers:drink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That was a simple steering job with Micky's team (plus a cameo role by Junior Lewis)

No his tactical knowledge got us up more that Mickys team.

So this seasons side is Wilkin`s team is it ? Adams is blameless of the present mess then. Maybe Knight should see about getting him a contract extension.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No his tactical knowledge got us up more that Mickys team.

Look at the stats for that season. Zamora scored in practically EVERY GAME. Me or thee could have got the team promoted that season. Just a shame Micky didn't stick around to make a genuine Double Championes bit of history. I think the fact that Taylor buggered off the day after the Hove parade thing says it all. It was never his team, and he's never repeated that run of results before or since :shrug:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Look at the stats for that season. Zamora scored in practically EVERY GAME. Me or thee could have got the team promoted that season. Just a shame Micky didn't stick around to make a genuine Double Championes bit of history. I think the fact that Taylor buggered off the day after the Hove parade thing says it all. It was never his team, and he's never repeated that run of results before or since :shrug:

Where are Wycombe in the table you clown :angry::angry::angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

See what you mean Tom

****1 Wycombe 21 18 44****
2 Bury 21 10 35
3 Brentford 20 10 35
4 Bradford 21 9 35
5 Exeter 20 7 35
6 Shrewsbury 21 18 34
7 Darlington 20 13 33

Only 9 points clear at the top of the division.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I suppose if enough people repeat the lies enough times it will become fact. Taylor left in the most honourable way of any manager at BHAFC since DK took over. He sat with DK, told him the budget needed to compete in the Championship and was told No. Taylor accepted this and left the club straight away WITHOUT having another club or job to go to and good time for BHAFC to get a new manager in. History proved Taylor to be right. Now what on earth is wrong with that ?. Also Taylor has had the best league record of any manager in BHAFC history with 19 wins 11 draws and 4 defeats in 34 games. Still that was all down to Adams :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here