Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My car is having its MOT soon...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Our friendly mechanic collects our cars for us, takes them off to be MOT'd and then drops them back and puts the keys through the letterbox! Super service! We've got a pretty good idea what will pass or fail before he goes though...

put it though an MOT only place, not a garage that will try to find faults to generate work (oh, the wheel bearings feel a bit loose, that'll be £20 parts plus £150 labour please. ).

The urban myth to end all urban myths-unless you're talking about the Kwik Fits and Nationwide Auto Centres of this world and if you even consider using those places you deserve all you get from them.

Use your local independent garage and you won't get ripped off...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Got my first NCT here coming up and worried that as its at the end of the month the possibly mythical, possibly not "fail quota" won't have been reached.

The DualDrive power steering motor is starting to "clunk" on turning right, I know exactly whats wrong with it but its a €587 component to replace; and it probably has another 20,000 miles in it before it fails (and even then its just going to mean hauling the car to the right with no power assistance).

Oh well, its 4 years old (you automatically pass your first NCT here and its only every 2 years) so I might look at replacing it anyway...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here