Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My brother doesn't like football....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm from a Swedish university city. Population 120k. Best football team has been playing in the third tier for 38 years with only a two-season exception when the Swedish tier system was remade and the club played in the fourth tier.
I'm a pretty sociable person and would say I have 20 close friends and 50 friends I meet once in a quarter of a year.

Exactly ONE of them is a football nerd, and he's a f***ing United fan... (well, he's really a Mjällby fan but United is his team abroad).
Can't convert people, but its easy to win. If they belittle our lovely ball game, you can just ask them when Slavoj Zizek or Milton Friedman made 30 000 people sing together. People might stop themselves from liking football but if you give it a shot they can at least appreciate how important it is.
From Lund by any chance? :)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Bad fan but I can take it or leave it. I do enjoy matches (now largely non-league) but I have more going on in my life than football being THAT important.

If I'm away, at a gig, away on holiday, or out with friends then I am happy to miss the footy. There is more to life for me.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
My son who's 9 is struggling to get really interested. I've said he needs to buck his ideas up or if we win the lottery he'll be off to boarding school pronto. My wife is a little more sympathetic and says it bad parenting from me :(
Luckily my boy loves Brighton and being over sympathetic to children is not the answer (not on this occasion) anyway FWIW My wife said the same as yours. . So i'm in Metalmicky's camp.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
For those lamenting their kids' disinterest in football, I am the rare late bloomer who did not care for football or any other sports in the slightest until the 2018 World Cup, when I was 20. Even then, I didn't start watching club football until the 2022/2023 season -- at which point I immediately fell in love with the Albion. I regularly attend matches and even play five a side, having done my best in school to sit out every PE class.

It's really never too late to become a fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here