Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My brother doesn't like football....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have two brothers. One has been a Leeds supporter for 50 years. The other has been a Chelsea supporter for 55 years.

<sigh>

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
My mum was never a big football fan, but she sat me on her shoulders so I could see the FA Cup game vs Chelsea in ‘67. She used to be 5’-2”, now she’s about 4’-9”, lol.

We now watch football together every Saturday and Sunday (mid week if necessary) via Messenger, including all the Brighton games.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I'm from a Swedish university city. Population 120k. Best football team has been playing in the third tier for 38 years with only a two-season exception when the Swedish tier system was remade and the club played in the fourth tier.
I'm a pretty sociable person and would say I have 20 close friends and 50 friends I meet once in a quarter of a year.

Exactly ONE of them is a football nerd, and he's a f***ing United fan... (well, he's really a Mjällby fan but United is his team abroad).
Can't convert people, but its easy to win. If they belittle our lovely ball game, you can just ask them when Slavoj Zizek or Milton Friedman made 30 000 people sing together. People might stop themselves from liking football but if you give it a shot they can at least appreciate how important it is.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've married a lass who is not from a sporty family. My father in law isn't interested and none of my brother in laws know anything about football. It makes family gatherings a little tricky for conversation

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm from a Swedish university city. Population 120k. Best football team has been playing in the third tier for 38 years with only a two-season exception when the Swedish tier system was remade and the club played in the fourth tier.
I'm a pretty sociable person and would say I have 20 close friends and 50 friends I meet once in a quarter of a year.

Exactly ONE of them is a football nerd, and he's a f***ing United fan... (well, he's really a Mjällby fan but United is his team abroad).
Can't convert people, but its easy to win. If they belittle our lovely ball game, you can just ask them when Slavoj Zizek or Milton Friedman made 30 000 people sing together. People might stop themselves from liking football but if you give it a shot they can at least appreciate how important it is.
Welcome back Swanny 🍻

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Could be worse..my Step family are all Palace.
Hailing from Croydon / Surrey area.

One of my Step Brothers is a typical palace fan. Happy to casually sling homophobic jokes around about us and generally being a bit of a nause.

Other one is a true footy fan and can have a decent conversation about both teams with him without him resorting to tired gay jokes.

My Brother wasn't keen on football but one day he suddenly said "who have we got today, I said who are we. He said Brighton of course. Well you could knock me down with a feather. He sadly passed away a couple of years ago. But it still gives me a big grin the day he started supporting Brighton (y)

Meanwhile the wanker downstairs is is a Palace fan and said to me "what do you think about Palace finishing above Brighton" I said they would have finished a lot higher if the hadn't given Brighton 4 points. He said i'm going in now. Strange was it something i said !

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
and while I love him, we are not close at all. To me, you are MAD if you don't love it. The Albion have been a True Love in my life. Even though at the mo, I can't afford to go much. I've mostly been watching streams at home with my old folks, last 2 seasons. Doing this has made us much closer (me and the folks). Such a shame my brother hates it. Weirdo.
Similar story here but mine likes musicals.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My brothers and I are all football mad, although the black sheep of the 4 of us is a Southampton fan. However, what saddens me is that neither of my two sons are interested at all. Well, that's not quite true - my eldest doesn't mind it when he comes and will happily come to Albion games with me, but doesn't really follow the game. My youngest son really couldn't give a toss about any proper sports at all.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sell him on e-bay.

My son who's 9 is struggling to get really interested. I've said he needs to buck his ideas up or if we win the lottery he'll be off to boarding school pronto. My wife is a little more sympathetic and says it bad parenting from me :(

Stripey808

Jul 16, 2020
My son who's 9 is struggling to get really interested. I've said he needs to buck his ideas up or if we win the lottery he'll be off to boarding school pronto. My wife is a little more sympathetic and says it bad parenting from me :(
Don’t worry, mine didn’t really get in to it until our promotion season, he was 14. Before that I took him to a few games but he said ent most of the time looking at his phone.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Don’t worry, mine didn’t really get in to it until our promotion season, he was 14. Before that I took him to a few games but he said ent most of the time looking at his phone.

To compound matters he said he rather liked Taylor Swift the other day. My tastes are more heavy rock like Maiden and Metallica. As a parent it's a worrying time and I'm feeling a failure! :(

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My brother doesn’t like football either, he’s only been to one Albion match…against Hereford (he didn’t take the ticket of a true Albion fan, we were in with the home fans).

His 10 year old son is doing a stadium tour of the Amex today though, so all is not lost!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here