Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My brother doesn't like football....

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
and while I love him, we are not close at all. To me, you are MAD if you don't love it. The Albion have been a True Love in my life. Even though at the mo, I can't afford to go much. I've mostly been watching streams at home with my old folks, last 2 seasons. Doing this has made us much closer (me and the folks). Such a shame my brother hates it. Weirdo.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My brother also doesn't like football. He's not a fan of any sports really, though he does enjoy F1 which, funnily enough, I think is just utter trash.

He has seen the Albion play a couple of times though. My Dad and I have managed to drag him along to some games over the years.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Could be worse..my Step family are all Palace.
Hailing from Croydon / Surrey area.

One of my Step Brothers is a typical palace fan. Happy to casually sling homophobic jokes around about us and generally being a bit of a nause.

Other one is a true footy fan and can have a decent conversation about both teams with him without him resorting to tired gay jokes.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
My brother also doesn't like football. He's not a fan of any sports really, though he does enjoy F1 which, funnily enough, I think is just utter trash.

He has seen the Albion play a couple of times though. My Dad and I have managed to drag him along to some games over the years.
Funnily enough, my bro loves the F1. While I have never had an interest in cars at all, never even learnt to drive. Perhaps I am the weirdo.

Or one of us is offspring of the milkman...

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Could be worse..my Step family are all Palace.
Hailing from Croydon / Surrey area.

One of my Step Brothers is a typical palace fan. Happy to casually sling homophobic jokes around about us and generally being a bit of a nause.

Other one is a true footy fan and can have a decent conversation about both teams with him without him resorting to tired gay jokes.
I'd love it if he was a true footy fan, even of the Palace. Would at least have something in common!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Took me a while to get into football.

I went to a rugby/cricket school with football being something “other kids did”

Step dad or Mum not into sports at all.

When I moved to Brighton aged 19 I started following BHA but not committed. Got more into it over the years.

28 years later, here I am.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
and while I love him, we are not close at all. To me, you are MAD if you don't love it. The Albion have been a True Love in my life. Even though at the mo, I can't afford to go much. I've mostly been watching streams at home with my old folks, last 2 seasons. Doing this has made us much closer (me and the folks). Such a shame my brother hates it. Weirdo.

Does he like milk?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Brother is a Spuds fan, even though everyone else in the family supports Brighton. He's not even particularly contrarian, and he goes to matches on occasion.

Brother in law is a Derby County fan, who fails miserably to hide his contempt for the Albion. I really don't know where it's come from, as I've never really busted his balls about Derby's ineptitude. I assume it's jealousy.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My son supports Brighton almost as much as I do, although he rarely gets there. Must have been a couple of dozen times since the early 1990s plus many more away games.
Guiltily, I keep saying he should follow Coventry City (where he was born) but to no avail.
There aren't many of us up this way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think if I supported the team closest to my birth place, Hillingdon, I’d be a QPR or Brentford fan?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Curiously the usual equation is that blokes who don't like football invariably seem to be into motor sports.

Personally I do find it strange to think another bloke might not share my passion. However, i am far more tolerant than some of those who don't like it. I've an Albion fan friend who quite blatantly switches off if some new acquaintance declares they don't care for it. He gives them a withering look that says something a bit like " were you dropped on your head as a baby?' :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have plenty of family on NSC :thumbsup:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Brothers. Got no choice. Friends and your team, yes (fortunately).

Hope to see you again behind me in the new season at some point mate. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here