Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My book has been published views please

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Hi

A while back, you guys were kind enough to come up with suggestions on top Brighton places to include in a new discount directory. (C-sider won himself a book). Rest assurred we approached everyone, some said yes, others no, none were charged for being involved.

So, its here, and I would appreciate your views.

The Brighton Invitation Book has 418 offers designed to save you money on going out. Have a look and see whether you go to these places and see what you think.

If you wish to buy a book, I have wangled a discount code for you BAC, which will save you £10 off the cover price costing you only £19.99.

The code is also available for the other eight editions, covering the regions around...Bath, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Coventry, Derby, Newport, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Swansea and Wolverhampton...

So if you are likely to holiday in those areas, know people who live there, or sending their kids to Uni there, please let them use the code.

As I am snowed in today, I will be able to reply to any queries.

Last edited:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Hence the £10 discount

I think your cover price of £29.99 is a bit on the steep side

Tom

The books are mostly sold by local good causes and they charge £19.99, hence the BAC code for you guys.

Billy

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Never judge a book by its cover

Agreed, last time I payed that much for a book I was a millionaire in a past life.

.. nice cover though :thumbsup:

Its all in the details, can we make you a millionaire again through the savings in the book?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tom

The books are mostly sold by local good causes and they charge £19.99, hence the BAC code for you guys.

Billy

Sorry, Billy, didn't mean to be quite so negative. Having done the virtual tour, it does look like an impressive list of offers, and I can easily see how it would pay for itself in no time, then save you a load of money on top. Good work fella! :thumbsup:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Thanks and that's what I am here for

Sorry, Billy, didn't mean to be quite so negative. Having done the virtual tour, it does look like an impressive list of offers, and I can easily see how it would pay for itself in no time, then save you a load of money on top. Good work fella! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the endorsement , please spread the word...and that discount code BAC.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Thank you

Looks good! I'll be grabbing myself one of them.

Please use that discount code BAC, and of course spread the word!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
An excellent effort. Although why not have the whole of Sussex in the title?

Presumably the web site is a bit out of kilter as when I click on Days out its shows Cadburys in Birmingham as well as something in Hastings (which it should if it covers East Sussex as well)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing

Presumably the web site is a bit out of kilter as when I click on Days out its shows Cadburys in Birmingham as well as something in Hastings (which it should if it covers East Sussex as well)

I might be wrong, but some of the offers may have been negotiated on a nantional level, and will appear in every edition (Legoland, Cadburys etc)

Anyway, I've had a look through and I think it's fab, nice cover, and some decent discounts in there.

2 things I would note are;

If you have to pay for your own eye tests, there is a free eye test voucher from D&A in there. Just using that 1 coupon alone will put you £7.50 in credit for buying the book!

Anyone in Worthing, would highly recommend you use your All Beef Burger co voucher - fabulous burgers!

Negative point from me is that all this mention of burgers and chocolate discounts has made me hungry!

:)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Answer One
That will probably happen in 2010.

Answer Two
The problems with Days Out are that people tend to travel, I can personally vouch that we approached EVERYONE you could possibly want to go to, it is free to be included but they would have said no! (Cadbury's umm, a space filler methinks...)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I might be wrong, but some of the offers may have been negotiated on a nantional level, and will appear in every edition (Legoland, Cadburys etc):)

You are not wrong! We try to fill teh book with local first then bring in nationals if space permits...you should see the Tussauds Group offers as well.

Thanks for the comments!

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
You are not wrong! We try to fill teh book with local first then bring in nationals if space permits...you should see the Tussauds Group offers as well.

Thanks for the comments!

and because I think it's so good, I've even 'tweeted' it for you and asked for re tweets from my followers!

Still trying to find a way to banish my ABBC burger hunger though and I blame you for that :lol:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
and because I think it's so good, I've even 'tweeted' it for you and asked for re tweets from my followers!QUOTE]

Oh my we are on twiiter.com ! Don't forget that discount code, BAC, don't want your followers (very scary thought!), missing out.

thanks

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why is called Brighton Hove and WEST Sussex when it includes vouchers for EAST Sussex (Knockhatch/Newhaven Fort/Llama Farm)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Its the Days Out syndrome

Why is called Brighton Hove and WEST Sussex when it includes vouchers for EAST Sussex (Knockhatch/Newhaven Fort/Llama Farm)

People tend to travel a bit further for Days Out places, though the majority of the book is restaurants, eating out etc are in the areas covered by the title...(we have the same problem with the other eight editions).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here