Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Amex Debut THIS SATURDAY

Sep 1, 2010
I will be flying home from Japan on Friday and making my first visit to the Amex for the Wrexham game with my brother, his son, my Dad and brother-in-law.

I haven't watched the Albion at home with my old man, who I haven't seen in two years, since the Goldstone days.

I can feel the tears welling up already. Is it okay if I get a little bit overwhelmed by the occasion or should I man the fcuk up.

If you turn up with some boots you're likely to get a game. Enjoy Your day!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Briliant, can you come every week?

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Only been there once, which was the 2-2 with Blackpool and aim to go again. Is a really nice ground and hope they finally in Dick's Bar got the pumps sorted so the pint taps work!lol!!. Last time I went, the presence of workmen took them out of action. The Seagulls Harvey's Bitter is lovely though, should have given the bottle for me to keep!.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If it's anything like my visit in the summer, you'll see the stadium and you'll be impressed beyond your wildest imaginings: it's bigger, cooler and even more beautiful then you could ever dream possible. Then the team will run out to Sussex By The Sea and suddenly you'll realise: Brighton PLAY here. That Brighton: they actually play HERE. Then you'll be lost in truly deafening noise and you'll need to remind yourself that it's real and not a dream.

It really is that good. Enjoy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The only thing that will cross your mind will be .... WOW ..... just WOW ..... there aren't words to explain the feeling of the first trip to the Amex !

EDIT - and it's still the same EVERY time I go !

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I was a regular at the Goldstone in the 70's and 80's, but now I live in France. I have managed to take in three games this season at the Amex so far and will be at the Wrexham game. The best feeling for me, on my first visit and on each visit thereafter, is walking from the first class facilities on the concourse into the stadium to find your seat. You will be lost for words and gaze in wonder as the Amex's full glory unfolds before you. You will be emotional and you may well shed a tear or two.

It won't be a full house for Wrexham, so try to get to a biggy in the future. The incredible volume and electric atmosphere of a full house will play with your head. You will become an addict once again and in your case, you may well have to invest in an air mile program to get your fix!

Enjoy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here