Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Amex Debut THIS SATURDAY

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I will be flying home from Japan on Friday and making my first visit to the Amex for the Wrexham game with my brother, his son, my Dad and brother-in-law.

I haven't watched the Albion at home with my old man, who I haven't seen in two years, since the Goldstone days.

I can feel the tears welling up already. Is it okay if I get a little bit overwhelmed by the occasion or should I man the fcuk up.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I will be flying home from Japan on Friday and making my first visit to the Amex for the Wrexham game with my brother, his son, my Dad and brother-in-law.

I haven't watched the Albion at home with my old man, who I haven't seen in two years, since the Goldstone days.

I can feel the tears welling up already. Is it okay if I get a little bit overwhelmed by the occasion or should I man the fcuk up.

Cry me a river JCF-san, I was choking 'em back at the Withdean on holiday last season with my little lad after not seeing 'em since the Goldstone - nothing wrong with that in my book.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wait until you approach the stadium , then you'll realise how far we've come in the last 15 years. Its the Theatre of Flair. :O

you feel free to cry like a little girl if you wish, I did at the Doncaster match and i'm 44, although someone did ask me what was up so I had to think quickly and using a similar excuse that I used to use at Moulsecoomb school when I was 9 and used to cry when i'd been knocked out at 'Wembley', I told him my cat had died, don't think he believed me though

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade

If we get beat we'll share a box of tissues . Enjoy The Amex this is my Church .

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Wait until you get inside. You'll be blubbing like a baby!

No shame in that, we've all done it on our first trip to the Amex. It's amazing and you'll be totally overwhelmed.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Wonderful first reply rcf0712-san. I'm getting all choked up at just the thought of it so Christ knows how I'll be at kick off. The emotional connection on some sort of level with my old man from going to football together is what has kept me watching out for Brighton from afar even after all these years. Cannot fcuking wait.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Great replies guys, I honestly thought this day would never arrive. I suggested the day out to my Dad last night, but didn't think he would be into it. He just mailed me to say he is getting the tickets sorted. My brother, not a massive footie fan, and my brother-in-law both live in Brighton I am hoping this weekend will keep them going after I have returned to Nippon.

Roll on Saturday

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
What stand will you be choosing?

The Amex is everything you've heard....and more! get there early, stay late.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Wonderful first reply rcf0712-san. I'm getting all choked up at just the thought of it so Christ knows how I'll be at kick off. The emotional connection on some sort of level with my old man from going to football together is what has kept me watching out for Brighton from afar even after all these years. Cannot fcuking wait.

so jealous......, enjoy it

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Not sure, FG probably the family stand as we have a young one with us. I have left it to my Dad. I couldn't care less to be honest I just want us all sat together

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Halfway through the season, on a dreadful run with a whole team injured or suspended, playing the top of the table, 51 years old and I am still as excited at going this afternoon as when i was a kid at the Goldstone.

It is better than you can imagine

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Halfway through the season, on a dreadful run with a whole team injured or suspended, playing the top of the table, 51 years old and I am still as excited at going this afternoon as when i was a kid at the Goldstone.

It is better than you can imagine

Awesome post! I will be reading this thread constantly until I depart.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

It's f@@king amazing. I'm just getting ready for today's game, 0% confidence, 100% enthusiasm, gonna sing my heart out. Have a great day next Saturday.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Tears of joy:cry: are the best tears of all, enjoy your day and if your sat near me and you need a hug.....

:amex:
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here