Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MW 3 or BF 3

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
there's only one way to find out....FIGHT!!

anyway, on another forum this may invoke fanboysim..

..it's like asking who is worse between palace and crawley ;)

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Battlefield is incredible. Real next generation multiplayer material. There's just so many variants to the game play and no one match is ever the same. I got shot down while flying a jet the other day, bailed out after carefully aiming the nose at an enemy tank, and blew it up. You just can't do that sort of thing in any other game.

(If any a post deserves a 'cool story bro' response, it is this, but I cannot sing BF3's praises highly enough)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
After watching videos and talking to friends about Modern Warfare 3, they all seem to say it's just another churned out sequel with enough difference to keep people content. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing major.

Whereas, I've actually player Battlefield 3, and I can tell you it is brilliant. I'm about 2 or 3 hours into the campaign and I've put in a fair few hours on multiplayer and there is a lot to be amazed by. The graphics, new gameplay ideas, maps, weapons, etc.
I also love the fact that they've brought Jets back, and tanks are always fun (something CoD has to a very, very limited extent in the campaign where you don't even get to drive it.)

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
finished BF3 in a couple of nights..after reading commments on here, i was completely underwhelmed. i dont play multiplayer so perhaps thats where im missing out but the SP campaign was a very straight forward FPS with no real revolutionary aspects and the ending was absolute dross.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I think I will get Battlefield partly because I didn't enjoy Black Ops and I loved the first Battlefield, the maps are MUCH bigger, guns are better etc..

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
finished BF3 in a couple of nights..after reading commments on here, i was completely underwhelmed. i dont play multiplayer so perhaps thats where im missing out but the SP campaign was a very straight forward FPS with no real revolutionary aspects and the ending was absolute dross.

The whole Battlefield series is all about the online multiplayer and beats any modern warefare game handsdown...!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Battlefield is incredible. Real next generation multiplayer material. There's just so many variants to the game play and no one match is ever the same. I got shot down while flying a jet the other day, bailed out after carefully aiming the nose at an enemy tank, and blew it up. You just can't do that sort of thing in any other game.

(If any a post deserves a 'cool story bro' response, it is this, but I cannot sing BF3's praises highly enough)

i decided to try and fly a jet into a tank, it work but when i went to bail out it was to late... fail. although i did get two kills.

BF3 by a mile. MW3 seems like everything is played at 100miles an hour. only negative for BF3 is Snipping is ballshit hard.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Got both but MW3 is just like a map pack for black ops and MW3 is a bit too hectic for my liking. At least when you spawn in BF3 you can take a bit of time getting used to surroundings, no chance in MW3, by the time I've realised where I am on the map I'm dead.
If you only play offline / single player MW3 has more to offer as there is also two other game modes you can play.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I would love to be able to comment, but my PC just isn't up to it.

I can play BFBC2 on high spec but my graphics card is only dx10.

Could you guys recommend the sort of pc I would need to play BF3. I am due a new computer so i may as well crack on.

Not interested in C.O.D games as they are all the same now.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

Agree, the campaign was underwhelming. In Bad Company 2 it was a lot more slapstick and far less serious, but I think they looked at the Modern Warfare series' sales figures and tried to copy their more 'gritty' style. As mentioned though, you only buy Battlefield for the multiplayer.

I've racked up about 28 hours online game time and I'm still nowhere near bored.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Haven't played either yet but I think I'm going to get MW3. Black Ops wasn't very good but it's a different developer to that and although it's like MW2 that wasn't really a bad game. I've also heard that Battlefield isn't very fun to play by yourself online and as most of my mates have got COD I'll probably just get that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here