Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzzer Mad

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Last night, I met an old mate that l haven't seen for a cuppla years, he's a parlarse supporter (I know, I know... mate & parlarse fan is an oxymoron) Anyway, he said he thought that Murray was really tasty, a class act and why on earth did we sell... I could have throttled him!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Last night, I met an old mate that l haven't seen for a cuppla years, he's a parlarse supporter (I know, I know... mate & parlarse fan is an oxymoron) Anyway, he said he thought that Murray was really tasty, a class act and why on earth did we sell... I could have throttled him!

That's exactly what you should have done...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
no goals in 8 hours for palace and darling glenn puts a pen wide on saturday.

Noticably quiet on here from that lot these days. Pleasant change

Is this the umpteenth thread glorifying a player who didn't exactly bleed blue and white, could be bothered ....sometimes, scored several in a lower division but didn't exactly break any records, was difficult for the manager and fans to get on with, strayed offside poaching more than any other player in Albion history surely, and thought nothing of signing for the scum....and scoring against us for them?

Thought so.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
As a bloke he was certainly a bit strange. But I really think he turned a corner last season and wouldn't you like to have seen how it worked up front with CMS

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Palace fans overrate Murray simply because he came from the albion, and in their eyes they got one over on us.

Yesterdays hero, hundreds of better strikers out there.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
funny story. a gd mate of mine, and a palace friend of hers went to see the players off on the coach to derby today. gus and players had good time for photo's and banter and all that. the palace fan posed for a photo with gus, and had a bit of light hearted banter with him, to which gus pointed out that at least we were level on points and on the way up. the palace fan retorted that it was muzza's goal keeping them a place above us, to which i think i hear gus found quite amusing, citing his recent goal drought and penalty miss at the weekend!
yep, i'm a shit story teller...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
no goals in 8 hours for palace and darling glenn puts a pen wide on saturday.

Noticably quiet on here from that lot these days. Pleasant change

A work colleague who is a Millwall fan told me this morning Murray was the best player on the pitch, the only Palace player who caused them problems.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Palace fan at work says Murrays HOLD UP play is the best he has seen in 25 years. Oh Gus why? Why? Him and CMS would have scored bucketfuls. Well Murray setting up CMS like Beardsley and Lineker.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Any Brighton fan who has watched Glenn Murray play for more than a few games will know that his chief contribution was his link-up play and bringing others in to play. He has never been a prolific goal-scorer, and I don't believe he ever will be, but in my mind he is worth a whole lot more than his sum total of goals.

If you look at our recent performances, what we needed was a Glenn Murray type player, IMHO

I figured we'd miss his link up play, if not his goals, I was right.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Murry had a OK season and Gus got the best out of him with the type of players we had at the time.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Murry had a OK season and Gus got the best out of him with the type of players we had at the time.

OK season!?!?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK season!?!?!

It's funny Albion fans are doing the exact mirror image of what they're accusing Palace fans of doing. BHA fans are PLAYING DOWN his contribution to us as he's gone to our rivals for nothing.

Murray was absolutely IMMENSE for us last season. IMMENSE. Many of our fans want to do the internet equivalent of basically sticking their fingers in their ears and singing "I can't hear you la la la".

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
OK season!?!?!

OK yes he managed to score four more than Ashley Barnes whom played less games. but Murry did miss some sitter's and not to mention penalty's.
Murry did what he needed to do to get a good contract nothing more. yes he did score some good goals but so did others,
and going to palace who had struggled for the last two season sums it up well,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here