Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Muzza retires

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A genuine Albion Legend, I hope his retirement is because we have offered him the Bruno equivalent of a forward mentor

Loved him from the first match I saw him play for us, possibly our best ever striker

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Didn’t clap the LOYAL fans at Brentford

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
A true Albion great. Thanks for everything Glenn, we quite simply wouldn’t be where we are now without you.

Please pop back so the fans can show their true appreciation.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not only did Glenn Murray fire most of the goals that gave us promotion twice, but he somehow managed to unite Palace and Brighton fans on at least one matter - his outstanding club service!

It seems his future lies in punditry at the moment, but he is an Albion great and I hope we can one day use his expertise and personality at our great Club in a professional capacity....

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
A great servant to the club, an absolute natural finisher and a huge reason we got promoted and then stayed up.

Hopefully he can stay on as a striker coach, for either the first team (we need it) or the youth set up.

Thanks for everything Glen! :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A true Albion great. Thanks for everything Glenn, we quite simply wouldn’t be where we are now without you.

Please pop back so the fans can show their true appreciation.

Reading the club statements from bloom, Barber, Potter and Dunk it sounds very much like they are expecting to do something. Hope so.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In truth his last 2 seasons have been damp squibs.
A third would have been a travesty.
He's made the right decision.

I recall him doing some punditry when news of Potter's signing was announced.
It was pretty obvious to him then, that his time was up with us, but of course he was loyal and professional in his responses.

I will always remember his last goal for us.
The final goal in a thrilling comeback and a typically deadly finish from the maestro,

One day we may sign a better finisher.
But the odds aren't great.

Thanks for everything Muzza.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Thanks for the memories Glenn. May be the only player in my life time to score 100+ Albion goals. Go well in a deserved retirement.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Not many footballers can emerge as a legend for both sides of a rivalry, especially between us and them lot up the road but Muzza is a rare example of one, indeed.

Through his two stints at the Albion, his goals are the main catalyst behind our rise from the Withdean days to the Premier League side we are today.

Of course seeing him bang them in for them lot up the road to promotion stung mightily, but his return to do just that for us in that glorious 2016-17 season and his goals kept us up through three Prem seasons, without which we would've not seen the likes of Lallana, Biss and Lamptey come here.

A modern day Albion legend indeed, thank you for everything Glenn! Hopefully Uncle Tony offers you the forward equivalent of Bruno's coaching role, to improve our finishing, needless to say.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It hasn't been the most straightforward journey to legend for Glenn.

When he first got here, young and shy was often interpreted as uninterested and aloof,
Then there were the goals
Then that Transfer
Then the return
Then the goals

But surely only an idiot would now deny that he has been one of Albion's greatest strikers. Still naturally quiet but now with the confidence that middle age brings (Sorry Glenn) :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s interesting that most PL fans would typecast Glenn as an out and out target man. In his younger days though he was a creative player; as has been mentioned the ‘league 1 Berbatov.’ I think that contributes to his legend status.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why? I wished him well and said my true thought, he can not top Ward and Zamora for that reason imo.
I put morals over money, everyday of the week.

There is no drama here, just my opinion.

Presuming the “moral” bit is about him moving to Palace, what was he supposed to do?

We didn’t seem to want him. Palace did. The bloke has to make a living.

It is absolutely not about morality.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I loved being sprayed by his sweat when he scored the penalty equaliser against Saints at St Mary’s 2 or 3 seasons ago. The guy is a legend

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Thank you Glen a true Albion legend who never let any club done that he played for I just wish we had paid him the £5,000 he wanted and heaven knows how many more goals he would have scored for us

Hopefully a long media career will follow as his appearances of late have in my opinion been very good and boy it’s about time some of TVs old guard were freshen up

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Probably already been said, he’ll make a great career as tv pundit - always worth listening to ( unlike some).

D

Deleted member 2719

Presuming the “moral” bit is about him moving to Palace, what was he supposed to do?

We didn’t seem to want him. Palace did. The bloke has to make a living.

It is absolutely not about morality.

Please note Dave, without that big blunder he would have made my no1.

I assume the phrase "the bloke has to make a living" is a joke? Was he struggling? I don't think Glenn will ever say he was struggling.

I would have thought most on here would put morality over money, and I thought you would head the list as you seem a fair man.

You can have him top the tree of all-time Albion players, I will have him as a classy bauble towards the top.

Everyone can be happy.:)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I just hope we hire him back as a coach.

He’s one of the most natural finishers around, can surely pass on a thing or two to our young seagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here