Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza going in the summer ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm a big Murray fan but he's hardly pulled up many trees this season.
I'll take this story with a pinch of salt for now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If you're settled, particularly after one major uprooting last year, that 'better deal' has to be an awful lot better than just, say, more money. Plus, it's not only himself he has to consider.
Lots of players do it though don't they? Seb Carole for example was in a very similar situation when we went down last time. Plus there is the possiblity that he would not have to move house to move clubs.

I'd be surprised if he's still here for League Two next season. Surprised and very pleased.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Being a pro footballer is a transient occupation , if he is offered a better deal than what we can give him , it will be his decision to move on and not ours.

I believe his contract still has 2 years to run so it can not be only his decision to move. Its about time clubs reminded these players that contracts work both ways they want security and in turn the club should expect a degree of loyalty.

Anyway in regard to Murray, an acquaintance of mine who knows Murray well says he happy where is. The rumours about Murray have existed since his arrival and are basically a load of bollocks.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I believe his contract still has 2 years to run so it can not be only his decision to move. Its about time clubs reminded these players that contracts work both ways they want security and in turn the club should expect a degree of loyalty.

Anyway in regard to Murray, an acquaintance of mine who knows Murray well says he happy where is. The rumours about Murray have existed since his arrival and are basically a load of bollocks.

Agreed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lots of players do it though don't they? Seb Carole for example was in a very similar situation when we went down last time. Plus there is the possiblity that he would not have to move house to move clubs.

I'd be surprised if he's still here for League Two next season. Surprised and very pleased.

You're right, lots of player do do that. Seb was only ever in rented accommodation when he was here, and had a wife happy to travel. How do I know? I sponsored his shirt and when I met him, I asked him about the likelihood of him staying.

Murray's particular circumstances seem to (I've not met the guy, I've got this from the club) indicate a settling down here - at least for the foreseeable future.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If he were to stay with us in League Two amid reported Championship interest, quite a large backwards step for his career, it would say a lot about the man* and I for one would love him for it.

*by this I dont mean hes too lazy to move again!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looking at this objectively - if we get 4-500K and reinvest wisely we should have the best team in div 2 if we go down.

I can not see the board letting him go for less than we paid for him - he has 2 years of his contract left.
I can not see that his wages will be an issue, as long as we cull some of the squad in the summer.
Haven't you learnt anything supporting this club:shrug:if we sell murray for 500k we will spend about 250k max next season.

Fact is everything has fu$ked up this season and the quality we do have will f*** off.and we are left with shite end of story:censored:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can I just say I've never ever heard one single person anytime anywhere call him Muzza?

Heard him called a fair few things.

But Muzza wasn't one of them.

If he were to stay with us in League Two amid reported Championship interest, quite a large backwards step for his career, it would say a lot about the man* and I for one would love him for it.

*by this I dont mean hes too lazy to move again!!

In yer dreams mate. He'll be off like a shot, as will many of our better players.

And who could blame them....the fans that won't be coming to watch us, or taking up their season tickets for next season??

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Murray must stay if he goes i will officaly DIE plus the club probably wouldnt spend the cash we got because going down would cost the club alot of money

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Think Cardiff sent a scout to watch Elphick didnt they and instead ended up falling under the Glenn Murray spell when he scored a hat-rick

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite.

Should imagine the general consensus up to now is 'non-trier, injury-prone, not popular with team-mates'

About as likely as Leon Knight being described as a player good for team morale :lolol:

Your anti Murray agenda is looking as daft as your pro Knight stance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here