Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza going in the summer ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cardiff City are being linked with a summer move for Brighton and Hove Albion striker Glenn Murray and could land the striker for a cut-price with the Seagulls faced with relegation from Coca-Cola League 1.

Bluebirds scouts are thought to have watched the 25 year old, who started his career in the USA, on several occasions and been impressed with him.

Murray was a £300k capture for Brighton last January following a move from Rochdale. He has not stayed at one club for very long at any point of his career but has netted 40 goals in 80 games for Rochdale and current club Brighton.

Just seen this on Cardiff City Vital Football website , so it looks like :bigwave:
to Muzza if we go down and they get him at a bargain price.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah but £300k will be a right bargain , instead of possibly double that if we weren't in the shit.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Read He will reject a deal and stay with us even if we go down on the BBC Gossip column

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I would be pretty upset if he left but if we go down you couldn’t really blame him. If we let him go for less than 500k though I would be livid.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I Read He will reject a deal and stay with us even if we go down on the BBC Gossip column

606 has more unfounded rumours than an Andy Naylor article in the Argus. ???

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
If we go down, which I think we will, then he'll probably go. And on the cheap too.

I love it when people say relegation wouldn't be a bad thing! It'd be disastrous.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What makes you say that?

He's already upped and moved his then pregnant girlfriend. He's now just had a new baby. He's just bought a house here.

Being a pro footballer is a transient occupation , if he is offered a better deal than what we can give him , it will be his decision to move on and not ours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cardiff have been interested in Muzza for quite a while , depends on how many other Championship clubs have been alerted by their scouts.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Looking at this objectively - if we get 4-500K and reinvest wisely we should have the best team in div 2 if we go down.

I can not see the board letting him go for less than we paid for him - he has 2 years of his contract left.
I can not see that his wages will be an issue, as long as we cull some of the squad in the summer.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Good player but his fitness record would lead me to think that the club should take any offer above what we paid for him.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i agree. good player but his fitness record is shocking and he's not getting any younger. 300k would be about right... if that 300k is then invested back into the squad. 300k buys you 2 or 3 top players in league 2!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
i agree. good player but his fitness record is shocking and he's not getting any younger. 300k would be about right... if that 300k is then invested back into the squad. 300k buys you 2 or 3 top players in league 2!

Or only one if you look at Murray, remember we bought him from an L2 team. He should only go if we have no choice, we need players like him if we are to have any chance of coming back up next season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Cardiff,Brighton.
Brighton,Cardiff
now which one would I rather live in .........yes well....thats really a bit of a no brainer+ the fact that not every footballer wants to play in a higher division for more money especially as he might be untried in the at division.

he has stated that he wants to stay and if true thats good enough for me .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here