Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
He taken.
He laughen.
He high.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
I do think it stinks that Rio got a longer ban and also because of the FA's hardline on him, England lost their best defender in the summer and Terry did his up most to lose the Portugal game for us. [/B][/QUOTE]

Mutu did not try and hide his result .He was caught and admitted it he was sacked and is now technically unemployed .Rio "forgot" his appiontment and was charged.!He then came straight back in the England squad ! what does that say to youngsters ? it is ok to cheat if you are a superstar? As for the quote about Terry ,What absolute bollox you talk. terry may not be as good as Cambell , but he is up there amongst the best deffenders we have . No England player goes ouyt to loose a game take off them red and black Man U tinted glasses.!!!you:censored:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he has admitted to taking an illegal substance will he now be prosecuted by the police ?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
If you are suspected and charged with murder but the police cannot find the body would you get a greater sentence then if you murdered someone and eventually held your hands up and said sorry?

I agree with Mutu's ban being less than Ferdinand's and I do not think Mutu will have any trouble finding a new club.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
fatboy said:
I do not think Mutu will have any trouble finding a new club.

apparently wenger was looking to get him. theres no doubting he is a quality player and just needs the backing of a manager really

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
apparently wenger was looking to get him. theres no doubting he is a quality player and just needs the backing of a manager really

I think that is speculation. What Wenger actually said was the player deserves a clean slate after serving his punishment.

The chances of Arsenal needing/wanting him are slim.

Wenger - "I don't even wonder if that could happen because I think he will be suspended for a long period. But once he has served his suspension, he has the right again to start from zero. I would then meet the player and see what he tells me."

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i wouldnt be surprised though. currently (if u consider bergkamp leaving after this season) there strikers are

henry
reyes(prefered on left wing)
van persie

so really you need one more quality striker at that level.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
7 months....20k fine...

He will probably get a million quid signing on fee at his next club...hes really going to be gutted by the loss of earnings ! :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Marshy said:
7 months....20k fine...

He will probably get a million quid signing on fee at his next club...hes really going to be gutted by the loss of earnings ! :angry:

Much the same as Tony Adams who was paid by Arsenal whilst detained at Her Majesties Pleasure

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't help but think it is unfair. It is not as though it is performance enhancing. He is a rich young man with money to burn, is it surprising he has taken cocaine.

If he avoided the test, or took performance enhancing drugs, then the book should be thrown.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Richie Morris said:
Chelsea are consulting lawyers over a possible landmark legal case of taking him to court over the devaluation of their investment.

I read about that too. Think they may even have a case. The club invested whatever it was they paid for him (17M? ), and now, because of his own actions, he has probably devalued his worth considerably.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
shame that though - treating players as stock....

The finaciers of football are heading toward a nanny state with their players...

You must wear underwear corresponding to the team colours, you must only eat meat on Thursdays, anything put up your nose must be sanctioned by the club doctor.... etc...

:glare:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
interesting to read people initial reactions to his ban.

So he's gone to Juventus on a 5 year deal ! no doubt getting paid an absolute load, I bet he has really learnt his lesson !..........:nono: :nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
God how did you find this thread? Trawl back through hundreds of pages? :eek:

anyway great siging for Juve. Free, probably on low wages because of the ban, and he's a quality player if they can keep his head straight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here