Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mutu

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
right hang on a minute....Rio missed a drugs test and gets 8months was it?
Mutu owns upto taking hard drugs and gets 7months...hardly an example to kids is it?! :rolleyes:

"Yeah johnny its ok to take crack, at the very worse you'll only miss 1 season!"

f***ing bollocks FA you are shite....just like the bloody legal system, gah I'm angry today :angry:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Perhaps this why the bloke turned the FA job down...Trevor whatisname...?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What excatly does the fine go towards just out of interest?

:nono:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Less than Ferdinand....disgusting in my book.

Actually use drugs and get a lighter ban...how does that work !

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
He admitted what he did, was contrite and has booked into rehabilitation.

I think it's a good decision.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
Less than Ferdinand....disgusting in my book.

Actually use drugs and get a lighter ban...how does that work !

I suspect it comes down to the fact that because Chelsea have sacked him, the FA do not expect him to be playing in English football when he comes back, where as Rio was always going to be playing here. So a case of well done for being honest, sorry about leaving your job, but as you will bugger off to Italy at the end of this, you will not be our problem, so see ya.

I do think it stinks that Rio got a longer ban and also because of the FA's hardline on him, England lost their best defender in the summer and Terry did his up most to lose the Portugal game for us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Titanic said:
He admitted what he did, was contrite and has booked into rehabilitation.

I think it's a good decision.

Bollox, he should have got a year minimum.
I bet Ferdinand and Utd will be spitting Feathers.

The Ferdinand Case was supposed to have sorted all this nonsense out but it clearly hasnt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think its ABSOLUTELY RIGHT that a missed drugs test carries a harsher penalty than testing positive.

The whole issue surrounding Rio was the evasion of a drugs test. Whether that was deliberate or not, missing a test (for whatever reason) MUST be severely punished. Rio couldn't prove that he "forgot" any more than the FA could prove that he deliberately missed it, so forgetting is simply not an acceptable excuse, and that practice must be stamped out at all cost.

In Mutu's case, he didn't forget or avoid the test. Having taken it, it proved positive, and the FA have issued a ban accordingly. He is now branded as a crackhead. He is damaged goods, and it is unlikely any club will ever offer him the kind of contract he was on at Chelsea - in fact, he'll be lucky if he ever plays football at the highest level again after this.

Nope, the FA have played this ok by me.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Easy 10 said:
I think its ABSOLUTELY RIGHT that a missed drugs test carries a harsher penalty than testing positive.

The whole issue surrounding Rio was the evasion of a drugs test. Whether that was deliberate or not, missing a test (for whatever reason) MUST be severely punished. Rio couldn't prove that he "forgot" any more than the FA could prove that he deliberately missed it, so forgetting is simply not an acceptable excuse, and that practice must be stamped out at all cost.

In Mutu's case, he didn't forget or avoid the test. Having taken it, it proved positive, and the FA have issued a ban accordingly. He is now branded as a crackhead. He is damaged goods, and it is unlikely any club will ever offer him the kind of contract he was on at Chelsea - in fact, he'll be lucky if he ever plays football at the highest level again after this.

Nope, the FA have played this ok by me.

Got half way through a big rant disagreeing with you Easy and had a power cut so lost my post !:angry:

Cant be arsed to type it all again, but if you think there wont be a string of clubs lining upto sign him and pay him 50k a week you are mistaken im afraid sadly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marshy said:
Got half way through a big rant disagreeing with you Easy and had a power cut so lost my post !:angry:

Cant be arsed to type it all again, but if you think there wont be a string of clubs lining upto sign him and pay him 50k a week you are mistaken im afraid sadly.
Damn, and I like your rants Marshy.

Anyway, I wouldn't take it for granted that clubs will be queuing up at the end of his ban. Who's to say he is capable of keeping himself clean ? If he is determined to clean himself up, knuckle down, kick the habit and continue as a professional footballer, then good luck to him. He'll have to work damned hard to convince anyone that he's worth taking the risk now - as I said, he's damaged goods. Who's going to sign a junky on £50k a week ?

You don't need to look any further than Bosnich to see what drugs does to a players career, the guys a washed up joke. Maybe Mutu has a greater strength of character than him, but that remains to be seen. I think Mutu is a LONG way from having a string of clubs itching to sign him up for next season.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
CrabtreeBHA said:
right hang on a minute....Rio missed a drugs test and gets 8months was it?
Mutu owns upto taking hard drugs and gets 7months...hardly an example to kids is it?! :rolleyes:

"Yeah johnny its ok to take crack, at the very worse you'll only miss 1 season!"

f***ing bollocks FA you are shite....just like the bloody legal system, gah I'm angry today :angry:

This was always going to happen.

It is because if they gave a longer fine to someone who had failed the test it would encourage players who knew they had taken drugs and would be found guilty to simply not take the test in the same way that Rio did.

i.e. I know Im going to get caught out and get a 2 year fine, so I will just skip the test and take the slap on the wrist and get banned for 8 months.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he's on gross annual income of, say £2 million as year, he will take home c. £1,200,000. So a £20,000 fine is 1/60th of his take home pay, it's the equivalent to you or me getting fined £400 or £500.

That's bollocks. He'd be lucky to get away with £200,000 in my book.

As regards the ban, he took social drugs, not performance-enhancing drugs. 7 months is still not enough though.

Kev the Ape

The FA are a complete joke....... he tooken Cocaine a lethal drug. and he only gets 7 month ban. :nono:.

But anyway well done FA for getting rid of Prosser for saturday. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here