Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muttiah Muralitharan

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The chucker has bowled virtually every other over since the new ball. Would make me larff if India hold out for the draw!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
if you were a Sri Lankan bowler, would you deliberatly not bowl a wicket taking ball?

tough call, my guess is they will do there best to give him the wicket. but for me the beating of India ought be the focus...but what do i know.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
if you were a Sri Lankan bowler, would you deliberatly not bowl a wicket taking ball?

Dilshan to Sharma, no run, luck smiles for Murali! Down the leg side and Ishant fails to run it down, Prasanna collects and whips off the bails in a flash, Ishant just manages to drag his boot back on time, third umpire takes a look, Murali must have skipped a heartbeat

some are trying to spoil the party

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, I can't see other SL bowlers trying too hard. India have a lead of about 50 and plenty of time so there's no panic.

Hope Murali gets it - he's been a fantastic bowler and deserves a good send-off.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No-one polarises opinions like Murali, personally I think he's a chucker but it's a hell of a record, even if he does chuck it! I kind of hope he gets it.

..except that his action has been analysed, scrutinised and examined more than any other bowler in history and all cricket authorities are happy with it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Got it!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
..except that his action has been analysed, scrutinised and examined more than any other bowler in history and all cricket authorities are happy with it.

Or, put another way, in lab conditions his action was illegal, so they changed the rules. And then out on the pitch it became politically unacceptable to no ball him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here