Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MUST WIN v Walsall?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In Adams Championship season we were rubbish in the 1st few games and I think it was the Kidderminster game (?) at Withdean the team were booed off the pitch. We need to be in touch at the end of October imo not Sept.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The concern comes from the fact that five of the six teams we have played are below us in the table and the one team above us mauled us at home.

I know it's early season, but the good teams are starting to bubble to the top and we haven't played one of them yet.

This team cold click - and probably will - but we're short of some quality in critical positions.

One final thought. Last season we had a long run where we didn't lose many games - but we didn't win many either. People were going on and on about the "unbeaten run" when in fact we were just slipping off the pace. as it happened, it was this run of one-pointers that cost us a play-off place.

So we've had some good games and some bad ones, but we're looking a bit flaky and even in this league - flaky won't cut it.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Seem to recall that at the end of a season when we have just missed out on a play off place or promotion someone comes on here and says we did not lose out because we lost today but those defeats or draws at the beginning of the seaon cost us.
So, we need to win especialy at home. It's a must win game then.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
It seems some agree, and some strongly disagree.

But as most people say, we need to win at home if we have any sort of chance at all.

If we don't win at home on Saturday, and slip in to the bottom half of the table (could be 12th on Tuesday evening), then imagine the moans and groans on here.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
we were about 17th in feb last year and come close,a win would be nice but talk about going over the top

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here