Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MUST WIN v Walsall?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Anyone else think that if we are realistic about finishing in the top 4-6 this season, then next weeks game against Walsall is a must win, and by far the biggest game of the season so far?

Some people may keep saying, "Oh it's only the start of the season", well it's not now is it, we've been playing for 5 weeks and well, given the previous few results, we're not good enough to challenge, so therefore we HAVE to beat Walsall.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What is WRONG with you? There are 40 (count 'em!) matches still to play and we've lost 1 of 6.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Anyone else think that if we are realistic about finishing in the top 4-6 this season, then next weeks game against Walsall is a must win, and by far the biggest game of the season so far?

Some people may keep saying, "Oh it's only the start of the season", well it's not now is it, we've been playing for 5 weeks and well, given the previous few results, we're not good enough to challenge, so therefore we HAVE to beat Walsall.

I woudn't go that far.... but yes I would label the Walsall game as a six pointer if we want to stay in the play off hunt

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Looking forward to it anyway. Come on the lads!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only way this is a "must win" game is if its in my accumulator.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Must win would indicate if we lose the game we have no hope in hell of making the play-offs.

Currently 1 point off the play offs with a possible 120 still available.

:thud:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So does this mean if we don't win our season is over ?

Absolute nonsense talk in September. :thud:

Accepted that for the fans sake though we really could do with a decent performance. I'm bringing a friend along as well, so could do without him nodding off.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

We don't HAVE to do anything on Saturday to still be in with the chance of promotion. That's just crazy talk.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Not must win, but very, very important. We want to be there or there abouts from the start. We haven't met Leeds, Leicester Oldham or Carlisle yet and are still mid table.

The more we lose at home, the less people will come back...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Walsall should be a good test. They are in good form and perhaps should have more points than they do. Ibhere is a tricky forward to defend against and they have enough quality to cause us problems. Should be a good game...!

On a side note, Jimmy Mullen (their manager) was sent off today and went into the away section with the fans. Talk about getting the fans on side. Shame they still have a **** of a chairman.

We need to be on the lookout for Asbo Ishy.

I would tend to agree that it is a must win game. Not so much in relation to the league and final standings etc. but another non-three pointer at home and attendances may drop further?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It won't make or break our season, but teams who usually average two points per game win promotion and we're on 1.5 points per game, so a win against Warsaw will keep us on track.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
It won't make or break our season, but teams who usually average two points per game win promotion and we're on 1.5 points per game, so a win against Warsaw will keep us on track.

Nah it is usually just the champions which average 2 points per game and the runners up somewhere just below.

As for play offs, I think if you average just over 1.5 points per game then you will finish in top 6...

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Swansea were on 10 points after 7 games last season so a win would have us higher than that. I feel a good performance on Saturday:ascarf:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont think it will be a make or break moment, but it will be crucial. May be not in terms of league standings, but the teams relationship with the fans.

If we dont win, the non STH fans would have paid £100 to see 4 games, without seeing a win, or us play well.

That could then put them off from returning, especially as the weather will be getting worse as we get towards the winter.

It could mean crowds as low as last season, maybe lowers? who knows.

Adams has already had a minor dig at the fans, so if they get on his back after this game, then he may well plead for more patience, and ask us to support the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here