Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muslims want GMT replaced by Mecca time

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What about non-Muslims in Muslim countries, or Muslims in non-Muslim countries?

what about them? you use the local time, doesnt matter whats its based from. if its 2pm in the country you are in, its 2pm. doesnt change if thats GMT+2 or Mecca -1.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
what about them? you use the local time, doesnt matter whats its based from. if its 2pm in the country you are in, its 2pm. doesnt change if thats GMT+2 or Mecca -1.

So (excuse my ignorance here, it's been a long day)...what exactly is the point of this story?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no ignorance at all, thats rather what im highlighting: there is no point to this, it is a non-story.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So (excuse my ignorance here, it's been a long day)...what exactly is the point of this story?

Nothing. It's some people, somewhere in a conference saying something.

Happens all the time. Get yourself down to any University and you'll hear similiar inpractical things being discussed all the time.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They are calling for it to replace GMT. In otherwords to used worldwide INSTEAD of GMT.

Not that this is yet one more little example of how some people want Islam to take over the world.

They attack the clocks first ? Like their style.

What next, possibly the bread ? We will gradually see our bread flatten I presume, very slowly while we're not noticing.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The opinion of a Muslim.....

It's a load of rubbish. The only thing real Muslims are concerned about are knowing when it is time to pray and which way to pray. Nifty computer programnmes and watches... even mobile phones do the biz for you so why would anyone want to change to Mecca time. Considering most Muslim's relations to the heretical state of Saudi Arabia, people would be pretty annoyed about having Mecca Time as the Saudis would consider it further proof that their Wahhabist nonsense is the true faith.

Should also mention that 90% of Muslim conferences are financed by.....

yes, you guessed it, the Saudis.

So, no thank you.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I thought it was an example of how some people want people to think Islam will take over the world.

Well some Muslims do want Islam to take over the world. Mind you that's rather like the Christians used to (and some of them still do). The alternative to Christianity was a slow and painful death.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The opinion of a Muslim.....

It's a load of rubbish. The only thing real Muslims are concerned about are knowing when it is time to pray and which way to pray. Nifty computer programnmes and watches... even mobile phones do the biz for you so why would anyone want to change to Mecca time. Considering most Muslim's relations to the heretical state of Saudi Arabia, people would be pretty annoyed about having Mecca Time as the Saudis would consider it further proof that their Wahhabist nonsense is the true faith.

Should also mention that 90% of Muslim conferences are financed by.....

yes, you guessed it, the Saudis.

So, no thank you.

My favourite is the really camp Mecca call to prayer alarm clocks

kul5129%20Mosque%20alarm%20clock%20large%20main.jpg

Very popular as kitsch presents here in Brighton.

Sully - you're spot on. I imagine that 99.9% of all muslims in Britain couldn't really give a fig about "mecca time". It's the 0.1% who are loonies giving the BBC an easy target.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My favourite is the really camp Mecca call to prayer alarm clocks

kul5129%20Mosque%20alarm%20clock%20large%20main.jpg

Very popular as kitsch presents here in Brighton.

Sully - you're spot on. I imagine that 99.9% of all muslims in Britain couldn't really give a fig about "mecca time". It's the 0.1% who are loonies giving the BBC an easy target.

Can I have that clock for Xmas Mr Buzzer..... please!!!:laugh:

Doesn't it look a bit like the Kremlin, rather than Mecca?

I have to say some of the modern Muslim 'art' is truly truly awful!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here