Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muslims. Just got a child trust fund form....

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
afters said:
because it's against sharia law to charge or recieve interest.

why does that upset you so much?

Because its another attempt to pander to minorities that scream the loudest (or blow themselves up).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it's brilliant that banks etc are producing products to fit in with peoples beliefs. THe same way I think it's great that there are Halal butchers and a kosher food section in Sainsburys.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Dick Knights Mum said:
it is called liberal democracy.

Bollocks. Where's the pandering to Sikhs and Hindus? No one panders to them because they just get on with things. f***ing Muslims just keep pushing and pushing all the time.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Strangely enough Watford O - if you owned a bank and someone came to you and said "Can you mind my money, I don't want any interest or anything" I hardly think you'd say no...

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
From the banks point of view, if they didnt do it they would be stupid.

I might go to Iraq and try and open an English bank account with the local branch, see how well that goes down...... (somehow I dont think I would make it back to England in one piece!)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
WATFORD O said:
Bollocks. Where's the pandering to Sikhs and Hindus? No one panders to them because they just get on with things. f***ing Muslims just keep pushing and pushing all the time.

That seems to describe you. Perhaps they are assimilating more than you care to admit.

Out of interest where did you stand on the sikh crash helmet debate ?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sam said:
I might go to Iraq and try and open an English bank account with the local branch, see how well that goes down...... (somehow I dont think I would make it back to England in one piece!)

It is not an Iraqi coming to England to open a bank account. It is banks providing a service to customers residing in this country.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
This isnt a banking issue. I dont care what banks do. Its a government form and a government issue.

Its like having signs in government buildings in every language under the sun. ALL signs should be in English. End of.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here