Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Musicals

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
To say that We Will Rock You is doing badly is a tad harsh! It's just been on a long time! Go and see it!!

I work in the industry.. it does most it's business on the day at the TKTS booth in Leicester Square... plays at around 60% capacity Mon-Fri..

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I work in the industry.. it does most it's business on the day at the TKTS booth in Leicester Square... plays at around 60% capacity Mon-Fri..

I know the TKTS booth. Bought tickets for Calendar Girls there last month.

How long has WWRY been running now?

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
We Will Rock You x 2- Fantastic show!! Apparently a sequel in the mist? 9.1

Rocky Horror Show- Great fun 7.6

Spamalot- v.funny, catchy songs! 8.0

Avenue Q x 2- First time was a bit of a let down considering it is supposed to be "the funniest musical in the West End" but managed to get a free ticket and went again a few weeks ago and appreciated it more 7.3

Lord of the Rings- Songs were shite, but the action and choreography was spectatcular! 8.5

Wicked- Present for the gf..Very Broadway, over the top- 8.3

Billy Elliot- The best of the bunch by far. Great songs, great acting, great choreography 9.8

Joseph- Saw it with Steven Gately and was slightly disappointed and just a tad bored. 6.8

Want to go and see the new production of Oliver! Anyone been!?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey.... saw Jesus Christ Superstar back in the early 70s - my one and only ALW.

Since then (in no particular order)
Pal Joey
Chicago
South Pacific
Oklahoma
Annie Get Your Gun
Anything Goes
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Simply Heavenly
City of Angels
Napoleon (this only lasted a few weeks and it was garbage)
Carousel
Music Man
Babes in Arms
The Boyfriend
Showboat
Guys and Dolls

and there are probably a few I've forgotten

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I know the TKTS booth. Bought tickets for Calendar Girls there last month.

How long has WWRY been running now?

7 years in the WE, but there's also a (scaled down) UK tour in progress at the moment.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Joseph with Jason Donovan
Guys and Dolls with Ewan McGregor.
Ooh he's a dish :safeway

I also saw Joseph with Jason donovan, but it was nearly 20 years ago - must have been 1991, I think.

Mind, the tickets were free and we sat behind the two women from Birds of a Feather, if I remember corrctly.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am suprised about the slagging off of Blood Brothers 3 times and think it is magnificent.

However the single most wonderuful production ever put to the stage , although not a musical is Slava's Snow Show.

One the greatest moments of my life seeing this for the first time with the great Slava who has now passed on the role to his understudy.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I saw a very good production of West Side Story, a few years back, given by a local theatre group at the Theatre Royal.

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
In London

Starlight Express - didn't get into that really
Lion King - far better than was expecting
Phantom of the Opera - loved it - glad I saw the film first though so I had a clue what was going on :rolleyes:

In Eastbourne

Doctor Doolittle

P.S. That was my first ever post - didn't think it would be on this subject :shrug:

Last edited:

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
In London

Starlight Express - didn't get into that really
Lion King - far better than was expecting
Phantom of the Opera - loved it - glad I saw the film first though so I had a clue what was going on :rolleyes:

In Eastbourne

Doctor Doolittle

P.S. That was my first ever post - didn't think it would be on this subject :shrug:

Welcome to NSC! Hope to read more posts from you - unless you're a Palace fan!

I've seen lots of musicals but coincidentally the last musical I saw was also in Eastbourne - The Producers. Despite being done by amateurs (The Rattonians), it was brilliant

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
I am suprised about the slagging off of Blood Brothers 3 times and think it is magnificent.

However the single most wonderuful production ever put to the stage , although not a musical is Slava's Snow Show.

One the greatest moments of my life seeing this for the first time with the great Slava who has now passed on the role to his understudy.

Make that 4 - scouse accent got on my t*ts and the music was cr*p

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Welcome to NSC! Hope to read more posts from you - unless you're a Palace fan!

Well thank you! I can assure you I'm a seagull, not an ea:censored:le!

And I shall try to become more active. In the past was physically there, now just have to do the virtual thing I s'pose...:US:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
'Cats' when it first started as part of a school trip.....absolute bollocks like most musicals...still at least I got Brian Blessed's autograph during the break.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Saw Les Miserables in July, my first ever musical. Paid 75 quid for the pleasure. Unfortunately a pleasure it wasn't. It was long, quite boring and made little sense. Why people were crying through out it is beyond me. I guess it's just not my thing, although I should say that the actors all had very good voices.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Starlight Express, rather enjoyed it. However I've been working for the English National Opera, cannot see the attraction of people warbling usually in a foreign language, philistine that I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here