Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

music recommendation?

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
Editors is a top album. Going to see them at Astoria in Oct.

Bravery album is awful. Was lulled in by the actually very good Honest Mistake single (even if it does sound like Fade to Grey).

Something from same time period worth giving a go to would be Gang of Four imho.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I think there are so many samy indie rock whatever bands all the time now, they all sound the same and they all try and follow a patricular direction. i havent heard one band recently that i think blimey thats cool its got individuality.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
caz99 said:
I think there are so many samy indie rock whatever bands all the time now, they all sound the same and they all try and follow a patricular direction. i havent heard one band recently that i think blimey thats cool its got individuality.

ALEXISONFIRE innit Caz :athumb:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
If you really want to hear some great 80's electronic stuff then get hold of the two triple cd sets that are available at the moment called;

12" 80's and, believe it or not 12" 80's 2

Both these have fantastic original 12" mixes of some of the best stuff around at the time including:

The Cure
Aztec Camera
ABC
Echo and The Bunnymen
The Icicle Works
Bauhaus
Scritti Polliti
Japan
Tears For Fears....... and many many more fantastic tracks that were only available on the original 12" mixes.

ENJOY!

jimmyseagull said:
If you really want to hear some great 80's electronic stuff then get hold of the two triple cd sets that are available at the moment called;

12" 80's and, believe it or not 12" 80's 2

Both these have fantastic original 12" mixes of some of the best stuff around at the time including:

The Cure
Aztec Camera
ABC
Echo and The Bunnymen
The Icicle Works
Bauhaus
Scritti Polliti
Japan
Tears For Fears....... and many many more fantastic tracks that were only available on the original 12" mixes.

ENJOY!

Bauhaus and ABC on the same album?
Some 12"s were worth tracking down though, i.e. Danse Society 'Hold On To What You Got', Ultravox 'Slow Motion', Siouxsie 'Dazzle', Damned 'Street of Dreams', Simple Minds 'Love Song' (and 'Premonition' on the flip of 'I Travel')

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here