• Purchase 1% : Illegally 99%

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Always illegally

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
When "obtaining" a song/album do you...

(poll to follow - votes hidden to stop the feds coming round!)

Obviously a rough guide.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I prefer the "try before you buy" option, especially fr the type of music i'm into, I nearly always buy merch at one of their gigs and they get more money that way than through a CD purchase...especially if you buy the CD from them at the gig!

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Always buy but check out on spotify first.

Just been listening to Bombay bicyle club, LCD soundsystem & The Drums. Not overly impressed so will not bother buying.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hmmm..have been recently trying to replace a lot of stuff that has gone missing from my collection...generally, if it's available I'll buy it, but if it's not....well, then...

edit: although there's always those albums where one track is a cracker and the rest is at best mundane (cf: 'The Siege and Investiture of Baron von Frankenstein's Castle at Weissaria' by Blue Oyster Cult off of 'Imaginos')

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if hear somthing i like, i look it up a bit on Youtube to see if the albums any good, then buy it if it is.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I very rarely illegal download anything, but mainly because I don't get much new music any more. The last music I purchased was Fireflies by Owl City, which set me back about 79p.. I hardly felt the need to illegally download. I'll stick with 7digital. :)

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I buy from iTunes or amazon, I don't mind paying for music, it's one of the few things that I really buy for myself.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My view is I obtained nearly 100gb of music at Uni through file sharing(within halls it took about 5 seconds for an album to be downloaded) so anything that I now want to buy I will do properly.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
to be honest i download a heck of a lot of music i have previously owned. for example i bought Highway61 Revisited on vinyl, then cassette and finally cd. but downloaded remastered copy. not gonna pay 4 times lol

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I used to download illegally all the time, but since we got a call from BT saying if we didnt stop doing it we would get our internet shut off, I download legally all the time now. But then again I only buy a song a week if that, so it doesn't cost me the Earth.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Was an early subscriber to eMusic, so still get 40 downloads a month for just over £6 - great value when it equates to 3-4 albums. I get some of the freebies from iTunes to discover new bands, and otherwise either pick up cheap CDs from charity shops (£1 a pop) or listen on Spotify.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Not one for downloads myself i like the whole paying for something i physically own. Plus i don't own an mp3 player :ohmy:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Only don't buy if I can't find it on iTunes (or similar) and that is very rare

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here