Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MUSE to play Wembley Stadium

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
to open Wembley should be a big worldwide name, which Muse arn't. Should be the Stones or Oasis both would sell out in a hour.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Rookie said:
to open Wembley should be a big worldwide name, which Muse arn't. Should be the Stones or Oasis both would sell out in a hour.

Still might be one of those - the Wembley press releases are worded in such a way as to suggest there will be earlier gigs.

That said, Muse will rock Wembley as much or better than either of them. I've seen Queen at Knebworth and U2 last year and Muse were right up there with them live.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
muse are one of the best live acts around.

i would choose them or the chillis to open(though likely to be an english band)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
chez said:
Yeah I am actually. Im really only interested in Dance music but my girlfriends son is into everthing included heavy metal, indie, dance & pop and he's never heard of them.

Clearly your Girlfriends 13 year old son actually has no clue about indie/rock music at all. muse are one of the biggest bands in the UK at the moment and this year released Black Holes and Revelations which was at number one in the album charts for a number of weeks as well as breaking the top ten in the US which is very hard to do for english indie rock acts. I forgot to mention they headlined Reading Festival (Does he know what that is?) to rapturous aclaim from fans and critics.

They will blow Wembley Stadium away as they are one of the best live bands on the planet right now.

Rant over.....

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
tinx said:
Clearly your Girlfriends 13 year old son actually has no clue about indie/rock music at all. muse are one of the biggest bands in the UK at the moment and this year released Black Holes and Revelations which was at number one in the album charts for a number of weeks as well as breaking the top ten in the US which is very hard to do for english indie rock acts. I forgot to mention they headlined Reading Festival (Does he know what that is?) to rapturous aclaim from fans and critics.

They will blow Wembley Stadium away as they are one of the best live bands on the planet right now.

Rant over.....

absolutely spot on. muse are huge and your mrs's kid can't be that into music if he's never heard of them.
it'd be a shame if the stones played the first gig. you want someone contemporary to herald in the new era. and preferably english, too. oasis not a bad bet but i'd certainly be happy with muse.
oh, and 'dance' isn't music.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
chez said:
Cant be that big mate coz Ive never heard of them and neither has my girlfriends 13 year old son and he knows most things about music as most 13 year olds do.

To be fair, he probably doesn't know as much about music as he thinks he does. This is backed up by the fact he thinks my chemical romance are good. Buy him a Muse c.d for christmas. If he likes indie rock he'll appreciate the education.:thumbsup: :guitar:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
To be fair, he probably doesn't know as much about music as he thinks he does. This is backed up by the fact he thinks my chemical romance are good. Buy him a Muse c.d for christmas. If he likes indie rock he'll appreciate the education.:thumbsup: :guitar:

and if he likes 'the feelin'g i suggest he is put down.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:

To be fair to My Chemical Romance their first album was actually rather good, shame the latest one is so poor.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why are you lot ripping into a 13 year old?

BULLIES.

Because they were all bullied at school. That's why they all listen to bedwetters's music like Muse.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
went to see them a few weeks back at wembley arena.

In one word: awesome.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why are you lot ripping into a 13 year old?

BULLIES.

I'm not sure if I was bullying the young lad, but if I was I would imagine it stems from the deep trauma I experienced when I was bullied at school. I can vividly remember the horrific wedgies I would receive for not having any iron maiden patches on my coat:(

You know, I think it's why nowadays I listen to bedwetter music like muse.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here