Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
How many of his ten/eleven bookings this season have been for diving or having silly little hissy fits/kicking the ball away... If he sorted these issues out he could be a much better player and maybe it might also help him get a little more liked by some of those that can't take to him for those reasons.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Couple of Handballs in there as well.

Last night was a shocking dive, one of the worst Ive seen. Couple of poor finishes as well. Great that we have back up like Barnes though.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
If you took that part of his game away, you could end up ruining him as a player.

To me when he is on top form, he is on a massive adrenaline rush and just wants it so much, he gets frustrated when it goes wrong.....

No need to fix someone who is not broken....Fine player, one of the best footballers we have had for a while imho.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Great that we have back up like Barnes though.

Yep, he could be made to regret picking up all these needless bookings if Barnesy bangs in a few goals in the next couple of games and nicks his starting place.

Refs are going to give Murray nothing now, even if he's chopped down in the box probably, they'll be well aware of his antics in advance.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Yep, he could be made to regret picking up all these needless bookings if Barnesy bangs in a few goals in the next couple of games and nicks his starting place.

Refs are going to give Murray nothing now, even if he's chopped down in the box probably, they'll be well aware of his antics in advance.

Yeah Im not sure how what to think about this. In the last couple of months or so there seem to be more occasions where Murray goes down, often from an aerial challenge, and nothing is given.

Is this Murray going down easily or refs toughening up? I always think he gets no help from refs, but then he doesnt help himself with his own actions sometimes.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home

One of the Saints players had his arm round Murray's neck in the first half and flung him to the ground in front of us. The ref was either blind or didn't want to see.

Shame he's always offside :annoyed:

Which is more than a fair point. Even Poyet was infuriated last night and the last one where he was slow getting back onside was the final straw and hence the introduction of Barnes.

Murray can be a good player but needs to work so much harder at staying onside and not falling around, Hypothetical I know but had we got Lambert or Barnard up front me thinks we would have had 3 points?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Shame he didnt score at the beginning of 1st half as well instead of ballooning it, why is it so many shots from supposed proper strikers are so inaccurate, why they cant just shoot along the ground or at body height or heaven forbid actually place it in the bottom corner a la zamora, instead of just blasting it, is beyond me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
And it begins again, one badish game (actually think he ran the line well but didn't have any luck in front of goal) and the Murray bashing begins again. Granted the booking was stupid but better players than Murray have got booked for trying to win a penalty.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Shame he didnt score at the beginning of 1st half as well instead of ballooning it, why is it so many shots from supposed proper strikers are so inaccurate, why they cant just shoot along the ground or at body height or heaven forbid actually place it in the bottom corner a la zamora, instead of just blasting it, is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here