Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray : When will he leave ?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Your off your heads, sell murray and we will get relegated...have you heard yourselves....weve had a few injuries and its just not happening at the moment. Suddenly your pinning all our so called imaginary were gonna get relegated hopes on glenn murray!!!

Murray is scoring a few at the moment, But overall he is an average striker in an average team.....he is not turning games on his own....neither is he the only one who has scored goals this season. We will finish mid table this season........with or without glenn murray...boy ive heard some shit on here!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This board is amazing - one minute he's a lazy bastard that is the worst £300k we ever spent - the next minute he's the only man between us and relegation.

FFS - he's a good player and he'll be here as long as he is here.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
This board is amazing - one minute he's a lazy bastard that is the worst £300k we ever spent - the next minute he's the only man between us and relegation.

FFS - he's a good player and he'll be here as long as he is here.

Exactly!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hurts me to say this but true.

At the minute Glenn is the needle in the haystack, and the rest of the squad is just the shit straw.

Are we having trouble finding him ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

'This board' don't exist really.

It's just four or five thousand different opinions.

Following any given result, half the board members will pop up and say 'told you so'. If the result goes exactly the opposite way, the other half of the board members will pop up and say 'told you so'. All about opinions innit.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
If Murray goes, where are the goals going to come from, we will be up the creak!

The partnership of Forster and Murray, the records speaks volumes!

If Murray goes, we replace him..job done!

If we could get 500k for him he's easily replace-able

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not stirring, just heard Norman say he found it strange that none of his team mates congratulated him on scoring. I asked if it was true that's all:shrug:
He was pretty much the only Brighton player in the Leeds half, we were 3-0 down, it was virtually the last kick of the game.

If it was a pattern then you could maybe read something into it, but it's not, it's not like Knight when he NEVER acknowledged team mates when he scores.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is this the Glenn Murray that is lazy and always offside? Affectionately named 'One in Ten Glenn'?

There will no doubt be some suitors for his signature in January. Someone panicking with a poor league position and a wad of cash to spend.

Welcome back from your ban byf. I had almost forgotten how clueless you are. 'Snap there (sic) hand off' with a derisory offer £500k for Murray. :dunce:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm not stirring, just heard Norman say he found it strange that none of his team mates congratulated him on scoring. I asked if it was true that's all:shrug:

FFS! Much as we love his mumblings during the SCR commentary, SNG lives in the 1970's.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
FFS! Much as we love his mumblings during the SCR commentary, SNG lives in the 1970's.

Sir Norman Gall once drank a pint of brake fluid thinking it was meths.

oops wrong thread.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

yeah because goal scorers are so easy to find, could you remind me when we last had a regular goal scorer (bar Forster) my thinking it was Knight and he wasn't replaced for an age

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Is this the Glenn Murray that is lazy and always offside? Affectionately named 'One in Ten Glenn'?

There will no doubt be some suitors for his signature in January. Someone panicking with a poor league position and a wad of cash to spend.

Welcome back from your ban byf. I had almost forgotten how clueless you are. 'Snap there (sic) hand off' with a derisory offer £500k for Murray. :dunce:

Why thank you barrel.

In my opinion he needs 12 chances before he scores, he's lazy and I would be more than happy if we got double what we paid for him....but hey just my opinion.

No need for insults,jibes,threats or arrogant behaviour...just a difference of opinion.

I dont believe 500k is derisory, good business for a player who does notch in a good few goals but overall is not a goal machine....one min fans are saying he's AWFUL and next he is going to keep us up....my opinion is for 500k we could replace him and with someone better!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
my opinion is for 500k we could replace him and with someone better!

Really? Name someone. 500k wouldn't get a player who is the 5th highest score in the league (or better) at the moment. We would be very very lucky to get a league 2 striker adapt to league 1 as quickly as Murray did. You wouldn't find many championship/league 1 strikers wanting to come here.

Whilst all this "we'll get relegated if we sold him" is a bit sensasionalist its probably not far from the truth. We almost certainly wouldn't finish above where we are now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It took us from when Zamora left 4 or 5 years ago to last season to replace him so I believe you are talking absolute crap. We would replace Murray with an old journeyman or a young "prospect" who would probably be shit. You do not replace forwards like Murray easily at tin pot clubs like Brighton.That's all

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
It took us from when Zamora left 4 or 5 years ago to last season to replace him so I believe you are talking absolute crap. We would replace Murray with an old journeyman or a young "prospect" who would probably be shit. You do not replace forwards like Murray easily at tin pot clubs like Brighton.That's all

I dont rate him, im now expected to name his succesor and un-like some on here I have more of a life than to either dig up old threads or plan b trawl through this and last 2 seasons goalscorers list,plus a free transfer list of players available that may or may not do better than Murray. The fact is mentioning him in the same sentance as Zamora is not worth doing. He is in my opinion a LEAGUE 1 striker and no better, as making it any higher his 1 in 12 ratio would have to be improved.

Do I have to rate him?

no more from me, got some work to catch up on...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we want to keep Murray we had better get our fingers out and improve dramatically. He now knows he can score goals at this level regularly and if he`s ambitious enough - and I think he is - he will fancy the championship. Now if we look strong at the end of the season he might just stay but if we limp over the finishing line in a pitiful 12 place or so he really should think about getting out.
He is the only player in our squad baring a fit Forster or an in form Elphick who could realistically claim to be good enough for the next division up.
Forster is too old to attract too much attention now and Elphick too erratic at the moment.
Murray is the best we have had since Zamora except for a one off season from Bratfeatures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here