Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray : When will he leave ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If things keep going the way they are, ( Murray scoring lots and us losing ) how long does the panel think it will be before Glen Murray leaves the Albion.
I think - if we are REALLY lucky - he may just stay to the end of the season before a championship side come and take him for about 600k. Maybe a side who have just gone up to the higher level and who have watched him in div 1 and know he is certainly too good for us.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I feel pretty bad for him that in the last 3 league games he's scored 6 goals yet we've only won 2 points. It's quite embarrassing. Hopefully he'll carry on banging them in when the team is playing better.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Interesting point Norman Gall made on commentary just after we had scored, he noticed that not one of our players congratulated Glenn on scoring.
Anyone at the game confirm this?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Interesting point Norman Gall made on commentary just after we had scored, he noticed that not one of our players congratulated Glenn on scoring.
Anyone at the game confirm this?

No exactly surprising it it? 90 minutes and 3 down... consolation goal... not a lot to get excited about really.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Totally negative thread. Why do we need to speculate on when players will leave? Also of course the did not congratulate him we lost 3-1. The goals he scored at Cheltenham loads of players went to him/hugged him ETC stop trying to make something out of nothing its pointless,negative and does not help a team that need support as they WILL improve!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
is getting worrying, personally think he will play at a higher level sooner rather than later and hoped it would be with us but can't see him hanging around for a couple of seasons while we piss about in this league. We are pretty much screwed if he leaves

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
No, but as Norman pointed you'd expect one or two pat on the backs/handshakes.

We would have looked like f***ing idiots if half the team ran over behind Glenn to celebrate. I'm not sure I trust Norman Gall to then have checked whether Glenn received a pat or a handshake at any point after this, hell, they might have even dont it in the tunnel or dressing room since it was pretty much the last kick of the game. What a crappy bit of stirring this is.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
If we could get 500k or more for murray id snap there hand off, he is scoring a few at mo and is working hard, but as a partnership I dont think its working.

If we could double what we paid for him , I think it would be a great bit of business. Although saying all this, I dont think anyone will come in for him and cant see him handing in a transfer request...but who knows!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If we could get 500k or more for murray id snap there hand off, he is scoring a few at mo and is working hard, but as a partnership I dont think its working.

He hasn't got a partner at the moment, so of course 'it's' not working!!!!!

:thud:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
He hasn't got a partner at the moment, so of course 'it's' not working!!!!!

:thud:

Forster & murray......

I dont know why im bothering to explain as you generally know what im talking about, but I know forster is injured but thta is our two starting strikers...of which in my opinion wouldnt be a Massive loss if murray went for the kind of figure around £500k plus...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Forster & murray......

I dont know why im bothering to explain as you generally know what im talking about, but I know forster is injured but thta is our two starting strikers...of which in my opinion wouldnt be a Massive loss if murray went for the kind of figure around £500k plus...

Despite the fact that Murray has scored half our goals this season, despite the fact that Forster has looked old and slow (which he didn't last season), despite the fact that Murray is 7 years younger than Forster? Despite the fact that Forster keeps getting injured?

Sell Murray, and we'll get relegated.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I disagree

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
But dont have the energy to argue with you.....so shall we say your right and end it..!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here