Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray- Top goalscore

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
rrrr

16 goals, 1 behind by CMS and BWP.
With games in hand on Peterborough and the form he is in, he has a REAL chance.
Wouldn't that be great?
I placed my bet in August, also had the Albion for the title at what I still think was a less-than-generous 14-1.
Still, I'll be well in pocket come May.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
God, the crowd were silent weren't they.

Also, did you see how upset/miffed Glenn was when Sandaza didn't roll the ball to him at the end (to allow him to score his hattrick). I know Sandaza scored, but if he'd managed to miss .... there would have been fisticuffs I think.

Everyone went over and congratulated Fran and in the end, the very last player to amble over was Glenn. Just as Fran put his hand out I swear Glenn raised his middle finger at him in a half-jokey way.

Btw, don't blame Fran., He's a player out of contract who needs all the help he can get to get a new contract and had made the chance himself. Glenn would have done the same.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I hate to say this but I'm not convinced that Murray could hack it at Chamionship level though. He'll face much tighter marking there, from many teams with big internationals in central defence. I just don't think he's got enough weight, but let's see next season.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I hate to say this but I'm not convinced that Murray could hack it at Chamionship level though. He'll face much tighter marking there, from many teams with big internationals in central defence. I just don't think he's got enough weight, but let's see next season.

Thats when I think Murray is best. When he is tightly marked his first touch is so good that he can lose the defender just with that touch.

However, the higher you go on football the less defenders stand off because of the above! Most changes in possession are through interceptions or poor passes, you see alot less tackles as you go up the pyramid.

Just my opinion like!

Oct 25, 2003

completely wrong imo

he may not bang the goals in, like he has in this league, but he has the makings to be a f***ing SUPERB 'second striker' in the championship.....playing just off an out and out goalscorer, using his intelligence and CRAFT

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
God, the crowd were silent weren't they.

Also, did you see how upset/miffed Glenn was when Sandaza didn't roll the ball to him at the end (to allow him to score his hattrick). I know Sandaza scored, but if he'd managed to miss .... there would have been fisticuffs I think.

Everyone went over and congratulated Fran and in the end, the very last player to amble over was Glenn. Just as Fran put his hand out I swear Glenn raised his middle finger at him in a half-jokey way.

Btw, don't blame Fran., He's a player out of contract who needs all the help he can get to get a new contract and had made the chance himself. Glenn would have done the same.

Glenn should have passed it back to Sandaza after Sandaza had just come on, displayed teriffic skill on the half way line to turn and played a beautiful ball to send Glenn through on goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here