Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray to Watford

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I do find the Murray thing a bit odd. He really enjoys living in Brighton and has been reluctant at loan moves that required moving. Even Bournemouth I think he stayed in hotels when he had to but otherwise was drive there and back for training etc. If his options are now so slim to play for another 6 months or so - why not just retire? He clearly has the money and has been getting into media for a long time now

He won't make more money in any other profession. he doesn't seem to be interested in coaching/management.
If some club want to offer him another year. It would be sensible to take it.
It won't get in the way of a media career.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Glenn could, for example, easily get a loan to Crawley.

But he'd need to take a humongous pay cut.

He needs to work out whether he wants to maximise wages or maximise playing time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So I refer you back to my original post. Maybe he needs to decide what he wants to do as at the moment he seems in no mans land I guess - except of course being paid PL wages every week

I think he wants to play football and live with his family. It looks like that is his decision. Unfortunately for him he doesnt pick the starting eleven or matchday squads.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he wants to play football and live with his family. It looks like that is his decision. Unfortunately for him he doesnt pick the starting eleven or matchday squads.

And get PL wages... Like I said before, giving him that extra year seems like a massive mistake for both him and for us

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And get PL wages... Like I said before, giving him that extra year seems like a massive mistake for both him and for us

Mistake for Brighton, yeah could agree with that. Mistake for him... I dunno. If he feels that is the case, I could sacrifice my current life situation and swap with him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We should take him back, so he can sit on our bench for 6 months. Chuck him on for the last 10 minutes of games where needed, and get him coaching our other strikers.

That would be a total waste of money from our point of view, he's not able to contribute at the highest level any more.

And I keep seeing this comment about him coaching our strikers which I find a bit odd. 1. Does he want to coach? He certainly seems more keen on a media career than a coaching one. 2. Is he any good as as coach? Just because he was a good striker himself in no way means he will be a good coach.

I said at the time I thought the year extension was a strange decision from the clubs point of view and got criticised for it but it was pretty clear he wasn't going to be cut out for another year in the PL.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mistake for Brighton, yeah could agree with that. Mistake for him... I dunno. If he feels that is the case, I could sacrifice my current life situation and swap with him.

It is a mistake for him if he wants to play - as his wages restricts his options at the moment. Coupled with not wanting to move away from his family..... Like I said

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is a mistake for him if he wants to play - as his wages restricts his options at the moment. Coupled with not wanting to move away from his family..... Like I said

Its not that black or white. He wants to play and he wants to spend time with his family but most likely he also would not like to give up his paycheck. I'm sure there is a bankster or two out there who'd rather do gardening or something but wont give up what they earn.

You asked why he doesnt just retire and I think its a pretty simple question to answer: he wants to earn money and he wants to play football (while not moving away from his family) and if he cant get both, he will likely (like most people) go for the fat paycheck.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Glenn Murray would have scored at least half a dozen goals for us this season if he'd been in the team. He doesn't miss the chances that our team is currently missing every game.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Glenn Murray would have scored at least half a dozen goals for us this season if he'd been in the team. He doesn't miss the chances that our team is currently missing every game.

Funnily enough after last night I was just thinking this myself. He would certainly have scored last night.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Murray's in the past now sadly. Delayed his retirement one season too far. And other newbies starting to fill the media jobs that once seemed to be his next career step

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Either Ashley Barnes or Chris Wood, er, would have done similar, or far more likely better, while retaining far more miles on tbe clock. Our level of striker recruitment/retention is pretty pitiful. IMHO, like

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Either Ashley Barnes or Chris Wood, er, would have done similar, or far more likely better, while retaining far more miles on tbe clock. Our level of striker recruitment/retention is pretty pitiful. IMHO, like

Personally, I would take Wood of the two. He is a very effective Premier League striker and will be for another 3/4/5 years. Murray might be yesterday's man, quoting your previous comment, but he would still have had scored at least as many as Maupay has this season - without the catastrophic penalty misses.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Get him back and give him 20mins towards the end of the games. He would be the top scorer

Total nonsense. If he was that good still don't you think Watford would be doing this in the Championship considering he's in their squad and they're paying him rather than making him train on his own?

He is just not up to this level anymore. He was great for us in the past but people really need to move on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Very effective Premier League striker Chris Woods
woods.jpg

Shite Maup

maupay.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Total nonsense. If he was that good still don't you think Watford would be doing this in the Championship considering he's in their squad and they're paying him rather than making him train on his own?

He is just not up to this level anymore. He was great for us in the past but people really need to move on.

I suspect you're right, but isn't the issue more that, if they need that type of player, they still have Troy Deeney available.
I think they signed Muzza on the assumption that Deeney was on his way out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here